Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cold weather gas

Originally posted by PelletWarrior View Post
    Its against forum rules to say but if you google "guarder black gas" its the second one down.
    Yea I made that boo eairler haha cheers

Comment

Cold weather gas

Originally posted by steve grey View Post
      Great knowledge on here as usual guys, thanks for all the responses.... Next question from me is, if as it seems, Mapp pro, is the best in colder weather, why not use it all year round?

Cus it will kill your guns, think on a hot rare summer day. Mapp pro will be at its fullest potentional and its psi will kill your gun and seals.
      Its like this this cus its cold gas has less expansion but cus mapp pro has a higher psi rating, it works well in cold. But you heat it up 133 goes to 150psi which is very high for a gbb to be fair. Better to use normal guarder,nuprol or watever..cus they will do the job fine..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Assumption is the mother of F*&% Ups!

Comment

Even guarder will bring GBB pistols close to 350 on days above 15 degrees. So yeah i can image this map pro stuff doing wonders for your gun. Another option (especially if you use alot of gas) would be to HPA tap it. The manacraft kit looks like the cheapest options.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Comment

Nuprol red is shite. Bought some for a woodland game a few weeks ago, and after a couple of shots the cool down was horrendous. Mapp gas is the way to go. It's more expensive (£20 at B&Q) it's performance at 10c is the same as propane at 25c. You just have to use common sense with it. Don't run it when it's warm or you're fps will increase as well as recoil and wear.

As a test I filled my kwa usp mag with it and put it in the freezer for 15 mins. Topped the mag up when I took it out (gas contracts when cold) and it emptied the mag with about 4fps deviation.

Comment

appreciate all the advice guys, I've learned a lot, thanks.
            "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

Mapp gas defo way to go in winter..use in summer at own risk really unless you got all metal pistol / rifle with steel internals. You can get it cheaper are Travis Per kins..think around £14

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Comment

P.s all the nuprol gases green red black etc are just propane with slight variations on make up.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

steve grey I work as a singer, all over but mostly UK, also have a property business Find out more about steve grey
                Working...
                X