Finally got a M72 LAW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got a M72 LAW

My Vietnam load out is getting closer to how I want it after scoring this Deac beauty today Needs a new safety catch and a bit of TLC but very happy with it

Re: Finally got a M72 LAW

Looks awesome! I wouldn't clean it up too much looks battle worn

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Comment

Sweet (nice to see real dedication to a loadout that's not some uber leet special farces theme) as I'm old and decrepit enuf to remember carrying a real 66 me personally I'd say put it back to nearly new condition then re-distress it , there's looking battle worn and then there's looking so dog ruff it probably won't work ! Lol .
      From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

Originally posted by druid799 View Post
        Sweet (nice to see real dedication to a loadout that's not some uber leet special farces theme) as I'm old and decrepit enuf to remember carrying a real 66 me personally I'd say put it back to nearly new condition then re-distress it , there's looking battle worn and then there's looking so dog ruff it probably won't work ! Lol .
        My thoughts exactly. Need to source a safety catch and the two end covers. Trying to find out the exact colour but not having any luck, although the good news is that I have sourced the stick on instructions

Comment

Good man !
          I'm sure the colour was military standard olive Drab ; BS381-298
          From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

Nice loadout dude! Ive recently sorted my VN gear and its well worth it!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Well I've restored most of it (still looking for a safety catch), and painted it Olive Drab. That was too dark and so painted it Olive Green : )

In Olive Drab (too dark)

In Olive Green

- - - Updated - - -

Also bought a lightweight weight ruck

Comment

Looks great on the ruck, as a disposable weapon I imagine it wouldn't get that much wear compared to an M16 or a helmet.

Comment

Originally posted by Baz View Post
                  Looks great on the ruck, as a disposable weapon I imagine it wouldn't get that much wear compared to an M16 or a helmet.
                  Thats what I figured. These were a fire once bit of kit. Unless you lugged it around for all your tour, I can't see it getting overly knackered

Comment

I reackon if it got in too much of a state you'd turn it into the armoury for a replacement. The ones that you see for sale are mostly training inert ones so they got way more handling than the field used ones.

Comment

Looks great mate

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ronin677 Find out more about ronin677
                      Working...
                      X