Itw fastmag gen iii product review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Itw fastmag gen iii product review

The Generation III FastMags were some of the products Rifle fans interested in, as a heavy user of the 5.56mm AR-15 platform.The FastMags are a polymer AR-15 magazine carrier with an open-top, and an elastic tension band. The band provides tension between the front and back pieces that overlap each other. The front side of the FastMag will move outward, but only so far before the enclosed sliding parts meet the end of the sliding track.

itw itw.jpg

To eliminating the need for a top flap cover like general nylon magazine pouches, the FastMag’s hard polymer provides a much easier ability to fast store magazines. The FastMag also offers these features:
    Compatible with most 5.56mm/.223 ammunition magazines – metal and polymer
    High-impact resistant polymer case with anti-fragmentation properties
    Can attach to any 1” MOLLE/P.A.L.S. gear in an up or down position
    Duty belt versions are available.
    Duty belt version can attach to Molle version through attachment slots on front
    Attachment slots for Malice clips or double-stacking
    Tension strap is adjustable to meet individual user preference on friction lock
    Ghillie TEX IR Signature Reduction Technology
    loading an AR-15 magazine is just simply insert the top of the magazine into the FastMag and give it a good push until it fills the carrier. Because of the tension strap, users would have to start the insertion, give the magazine a slight twist to cause the front panel of the FastMag to open outward slightly, then complete the insertion of the magazine. Retrieving the magazine just pulls the magazine out, overcoming the tension keeping the magazine in place. If the tension is too tight for fast retrievals, the user can twist and pull the magazine at the same time. This process will cause the front panel to open slightly allowing easier removal.

The FastMag offers an great advancement in magazine storage. There are several great improvements of Gen III FastMags that make it better than Gen I and Gen II FastMags.
    First, the Gen III tension band is much stronger, eliminating any need to extra bands for tension strength. Users can confidently mount the FastMag with the open-top facing down.
    The second big improvement is the addition of mounting slots on the front side of the FastMag. The Gen III Fast Mag was the first model to have mounting slots on the front side . hence, FastMags could be double-stacked.
    There are two versions of the Gen III FastMag. The MOLLE/P.A.L.S. model has two tabs on the top of the back side. These tabs slide under two MOLLE attachment tags for greater retention. The second version is a stacking model that does not have the MOLLE attachment tabs on the top. Both versions have MOLLE compatible mounting straps on the back side.

The third improvement is an adjustable/removable duty belt adapter. Now the stackable version of the FastMag can also be secured to a duty belt. This belt adapter slides through the two MOLLE compatible attachment straps on the back side. The belt adapter is tight enough on the MOLLE straps to adjust the fit to match the belt you’re wearing, but loose enough to slide right off the MOLLE compatible straps if the intended use of the FastMag is to attach to the front of the MOLLE Fast Mag.

Acceptance in Law Enforcement
    The ITW FastMag is quickly finding approval in the law enforcement arena. The ITW Gen III FastMag is “Member Tested and Recommended” by the National Tactical Officers Association (NTOA). From testing and seeking out feedback from others I can say without a doubt that the ITW FastMag series are high quality magazine carriers. The speed at which magazines can be retrieved and stored is simply amazing. The durability and reliability, especially the upgraded Gen III, are solid. Personally, I have several FastMags on my own rig, and I wouldn’t trade them for anything. If you try out the FastMag I’m confident that you will agree – and you’ll likely never go back.

About the Author

Collapse

Turbo101 Find out more about Turbo101
Working...
X