New to airsoft and need to decide on a gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to airsoft and need to decide on a gun

So I'm new to airsoft and need to decide on a gun. I'm a shorter player but stocky, so overall size of the gun may be a factor, but weight is not.

I personally like the look of the G36c but I'm unsure which gets me the best for my money. I'm also aware there's a few m4s in my price range for my first gun. I want to spend less or not much more than £150 for the gun. The more I save the more I can spend on sights and grips. I do not like aks, they're not for me.

I preferably want a gun with range, accuracy, reliability and a decent build quality. I aware my budget won't get me the very best but I can eventually put in different barrel and hop up.
    Last edited by Fizzy; 20 February, 2017, 18:28.

Re: New to airsoft and need to decide on a gun

Hi

The most important aspect is to find something you like the look of and ALSO feels decent in your hand and in handling. In terms of comfort weight balance and movement how you can move it left right up and down.

Most of the other things can be modified or adjusted to suit (hop, barrel, trigger pull, motor and internal gubbins). The actual gun shape and weight can't be easily changed.

Myself I went through rental G36c for a while and found them very wide.

I then went through M4/M16 didn't like the length and the weight balance was in front of the trigger. They were also difficult to transport without a car.

Found I liked the MP5K but not the MP5 or the MP5SD. I liked the MP5K and used it like a fat pistol. I've got two of them.

I then found I liked the P90. It weighed the same as my MP5K and I could use two of them like fat pistols.

The JG G36 from the company you mentioned are ok for close to medium range though. They are ubiquitous as hire guns though.

Comment

Welcome to the forum matey ,
      AND in your very first post you've broken the biggest rule on it ! LOL
      Your not allowed to mention other retailers as this forum is owned by Zeroone .
      I take it as your new you don't have your UKARA registration? (And no its NOT a licence as lots will call it !) so your only able to buy two-tone guns and quite frankly there an utter aboration and should be burned in Hell !
      So as to your question as too what gun to get I'd advise renting for a few games and see how it goes , wait until you can register on the ukara database and then think about what you like and get a 'proper' RIF .
      From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

I would edit it but I can't figure it out 🙈 Also I have done the whole rental thing already and ukara is sorted

Comment

I understand you're not too keen on an M4, but, take a look at the G&G Combat Master M4's. Good build quality, various versions, great VFM.
          Da Posh Boi, innit

Comment

Are you adamant about a new gun Jon?, it's always nice to have anything new I know, but if you were prepared to consider a secondhand gun, £150 or there abouts, would give you a very wide selection indeed, I saw a few weeks back, (on here I think, but anyway) a WE 416c aeg, for £170, and by your criteria, that would have been pretty much perfect for you, and there are lots of other really good guns around that price too. Only thing I would add is, if you do go secondhand, and it's off here, check the seller out carefully, via their own feedback, and who's left that feedback, the vast majority on here are great guys, but as everywhere, you will get the odd dodgey one, now and again, so bear that in mind too.. good luck with your search.
            "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

We'll part of me wants to splash out and get an ares amoeba am-014, but...I feel like I should learn more about airsoft and how to fix things before I buy something more expensive. To the second hand idea, I've never stripped and rebuilt an aeg so if I bought one I wouldn't know what issues were symptoms of what problems and so on. The 416c looks nice though ����

Comment

Well, I've spent a fortune on my stuff, mostly rifles, and for that very reason, I wouldn't dream of opening one up, I'd rather leave that to the experts.. go for it Jon, give yourself a treat, buy the one you want, that way, you're not regretting it 6 months down the line and looking to change it.
                "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

Just to add to this, out of the Nuprol pioneer defender, or a G&g fire hawk...playing mainly woodlands, which would you recommend?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jonjibbles Find out more about Jonjibbles
                  Working...
                  X