Tanaka M870

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tanaka M870

i have had one of these in my rack for years now with a broken slide assembly, very small part probably RS compatible

the OEM one it comes with breaks into two, to enable it to be fitted with flushed allen key heads

i was told the PPS is almost a direct clone and that the slide assembly from that should fit but the PPS was a piece was solid and didn't break into two like the original does so i wasn't able to fit it unless there was a special method, even watching Youtube videos on how the RS one was installed didn't help

the aftermarket one made by T.S.C that was CNC'd from steel is no longer available but this piece was also solid and didn't break into two like the original does

my questions are, has anyone had this issue before, is there a knack to fitting a solid one piece one, does anyone have an original one because my last resort is to mill one from steel

(and no, Tanaka don't have any)

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Re: Tanaka M870

You need to remove the outer barrle and plastic breach so that you can bring the slide block and breach bolt out the front of the reciever. The new one piece slide block will just drop onto the action bars but you will need to fit the spring and guide rod to it.

Comment

As easy as that? I'm sure I tried to install it that way and it didn't want to fit

Comment

you can remove and replace the original tanaka slide block that way without seperating the two halfs so the pps should be the same. It could be that its a rough casting and needs a little wet and dry sanding in places to get a Smooth fit.

Comment

Good to know! I'll have to try and find it again!

Comment

Been trying to figure out how to remove the outer barrel for a while now, got any tips?

Comment

Hi, I don't own one but I like to read about these things and remembered this thread which may be of use:

http://gasguns.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1604

Looks like there's some rivets or something going on in the chamber attaching the barrel to the receiver. In theory once the barrel's out the action sleeve/bars/bolt/carrier should fall out of the front. The two shell stops might need manipulating to get the bolt in/out

Hope it helps. I love airsoft shotguns :D

Comment

The whole front end comes out as one with the plastic feed ramp & metal mounting bracket. Trigger mech and bolt assembly should be out first.

As above you need to remove the blind pins and then slide the whole front end with the plastic feed ramp & metal mounting bracket. There also might be pins at the front of the receiver holding in the metal bracket?
                Magpul'd Hurricane SR47 //WE Glock 17 Gen4 // KWA LM4: Mk12 SPR Mod 1 - HK416N - LWRC M6A2 // Tanaka M870

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jez Armstrong Find out more about Jez Armstrong
                Working...
                X