Best model of Kar98?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best model of Kar98?

Hi all, I'm new to WW2 german airsoft. Started to make my kit, going for an SS Enlisted man style kit. I already have myself a tunic and some bits of webbing but I was looking into getting myself a K98. I saw the shell ejectors and thought they would be too impractical so I've looked at gas ones and narrowed it down to 3: G&G, PPS and Tanaka. Which would you personally recommend? I have an MP40 at the moment but don't think that an enlisted man would be likely to have that. Thanks in advance.

Re: Best model of Kar98?

Here is a short list from best to worst but in all honesty they are all pretty mediocre.

The best option would be a custom built one between a VSR replica and K98 stock as they seem to be the best options. Otherwise look below.

Best - Worst (Off the shelf)

1.PPS (clone of tanaka but made from less fragile materials, no longer made and very hard to find)
    2. Tanaka (The original design, fragile in certain parts that will most definitely brake as some point, expensive again as they are no longer made or made in very small batches)
    3. G&G (I have heard nothing but horror stories with these as they always seem to break and never work, the only ones I have seen and used have been modded either to work on a spring or via hpa)
    4. Dboys shell ejecting and others (just don't get these they are really bad unless you want it for a wall hanger or its like £10)

Comment

Re: Best model of Kar98?

Comrade, I'm in the same boat. I'm looking to pick up a Kar98, but because it's more of a collectors piece I've been looking at the shell ejector as well as the other system. From what I've seen, aesthetically, the G&G is by far the best, but it is the most expensive and from what bigjavlinmate says, it has a few issues. The PPS seems like a decent option, looks quite nice and from what I've seen on YouTube it shoots really well straight out the box. I've not really looked at the Tanaka, just because they are very difficult to find.

I'm possibly edging towards the G&G shell ejector, just because of the looks due to it being for collection and not going to be skirmished. I've just picked up a G&G M1903A4 and I'm really happy with that. It's the same system as their Kar98, but I've only just got it and not even fired it yet so don't know how it's going to perform.
      The only stupid question is one that was never asked.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

CommonComrade Been airsofting for a couple years Find out more about CommonComrade
      Working...
      X