Advice on purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on purchase

Hi guys, after a little of advice on a recent purchase.

Now I won't mention any names but I will say that the seller has good feedback on work so I want to remain as fair possible to them. I think I may just be unlucky and this one has been fluffed. They seem like a good person but comms are a bit lacking.

Okay so I bought a custom built M249 with it being advertised as a brand new rifle with warranty with a few custom bits done. These were an added rail system in place of the lower handguard, stock changed from the para one to a retractable m4 with buffer tube, and a hybrid flat hop airsoft pro unit with a tight bore. It was advertised as coming with the original barrel and hop unit, box mag and a battery and a warranty. Sounded sweet so thought I'd go for it.

Now here are my issues;

1. After asking for a video of it due to the custom work I was told I couldnt have one due to it being new stock which was fine but when the rifle arrived it had BB's in the magwell.

2. There was no battery provided

3. There was a bent o-ring jammed in the muzzle brake which I only noticed as I went to test fire and shattered BB's everywhere. This could've caused internal damage.

4. After removing the above issue I test fired on the original barrel and hop (as the upgrades came separate) and noticed low pressure and no hop. After investigating I noticed that the o-ring was indeed from this hop unit and the their wasn't even a nub installed!

5. I proceeded to take that set up out and install the upgrades as I just wanted to make sure the weapon fired properly. After the previous incidents I checked the hop unit and noticed that the original nub was in this unit and it hadn't been flat hopped at all.

6. The bucking in this unit had tears in it.

Now as you can imagine after forking out a substantial amount for a new rifle with upgrades that hadn't been shot. To find out it had been shot, the upgrades were bodged and it didn't come with the battery, I'm not to impressed and feel I haven't been given the product I paid for.

I have contacted them and been told they would contact the techs and get back to me but I haven't had an answer.

Basically I'm asking what you guys think I should do, what I'm entitled to do and if I'm out of order for being a bit miffed.

I would like to reiterate that the seller in question has undoubtedly done good work in the past and has a fair few good reviews with one exception from what I can see. I would like to remain as fair as possible.

Thanks for your time guys

ERROR 404 comment not found

Re: Advice on purchase

Just sounds sloppy all round really, maybe theres someone new there (if a retailer?)

Also if you have bought it from a retailer you are unreservedly entitled to return it for a refund if not as advertised.

See what they say, its your call at the end of the day

Comment

Simples, you contact them in writing, email is sufficient, back it up with the same msg on here, making sure you tick the boxes enabling you to keep a record, as well as a notification of when its read.
      You need to point out the contradictions in their story, no video as the gun is brand spanking new, or is used as it has bb's in the hop.
      Document all the other issues, missing parts etc, & give them a reasonable timeframe to offer a solution YOU agree with, 72hrs should be loads, & if you do agree to a solution, give them 14 days to implement it, that includes the time to ship it back to them & for them to get it back to you.
      Warn them that any failings will result a PayPal dispute for a full refund, as well as negative feedback here.
      All additional postage costs are down to them, not you, so even if they try to blame carriers for issues or damage, that's their problem not yours, they entered into contract by using who they did.
      Personally, I'd go for the full refund now, too many people within airsoft tout themselves as gun techs, only to fail miserably, & the issues you've listed don't sound like an "honest" mistake or oversight.
      Good luck
      Mark

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys, and Mark especially for giving me a full breakdown. That must have taken some time. These are all things I thought might be necessary but I guess I didn't want to jump to conclusions before gaining some perspective.
        Much appreciated
        Gaz

ERROR 404 comment not found

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Carta Find out more about Carta
        Working...
        X