G&G ETU - 11.1v Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G ETU - 11.1v Opinions

Hi guys, looking at putting 3rd burst in my XM177. Currently I have it on deans, an 11.1v in the stock tube, and a simple active breaking mosfet. I keep the gun on semi, and it's lasting perfectly fine. However after trying a friends ASG Skorpion, with 3rd tap burst, I'm very interested in putting this in my gun.

I've looked around and the G&G ETU seems like a good entry level option, but I don't know much about it and user experiences. Has anyone here tried one?

Also, with 3rd burst I'll be doing short sessions of effectively full auto, what is needed to get a JG gearbox to handle that jump in speed? I'm not after it being as fast an RPS as possible, or as high an FPS as possible, I just want it to last more than a month before a gear or piston stripping because of it.

Cheers

Re: G&G ETU - 11.1v Opinions

From experience of replacing several of them, I personally would avoid using them, I would add a bit more money and go for a Gate titan
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Why did you have to keep replacing them? Did they burn out or something?

Comment

At one point we had a 20% failure rate on new g&g guns,a couple were micro trigger switches breaking from being compressed too hard, several from the actual mosfet just dying, a couple were shorting, for no apparent reason, you plug the battery fire a couple of shots then it would just run away on full auto until you unplugged the battery, and several had pre lipo amp cut off set too low, so when a fully charged battery was under load the mosfet would cut out

Comment

Oh right. Various different problems isn't a good sign! Cheers for that

Comment

I looked into doing the same and all the feedback I got was consistent with the advice sparrowhawk has given you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would highly recommend an ASCU2 they are about £70 but are well worth it are completely programmable to your needs and have all the lipo safe warning and cutout and can also be mated with their own hopup for active "stopage" when your mags empty. Fitted one to my ICS CXP and it has completely transformed the rifle.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CHaines682 View Post
                I would highly recommend an ASCU2 they are about £70 but are well worth it are completely programmable to your needs and have all the lipo safe warning and cutout and can also be mated with their own hopup for active "stopage" when your mags empty. Fitted one to my ICS CXP and it has completely transformed the rifle.

I wouldn't for the simple reason that their customer service is probably the worst out there, which wouldn't be a problem if their products were fairly reliable, which they aren't

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
                  I wouldn't for the simple reason that their customer service is probably the worst out there, which wouldn't be a problem if their products were fairly reliable, which they aren't
                  Shame, had mine fitted for ages and never had a problem as for their customer service never had the need to phone them. I'm sure you will find a bad story for any product.

Comment

Yeah I had a team mate who bought one when they first came out. He was always troubleshooting it for the morning of a game.

To be honest none of the other features I want. I just want to be able to tap 3rd burst!

Comment

Ive got a G&G gun and ive had to have a new etu fitted to mine as shortted out so i would avoid G&G at all cost

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

Jefftron make a decent budget internal mosfet for under £50

Comment

I've already got a simple active breaking mosfet in the gun, and run it on an 11.1v but always keep it in semi

Comment

The jefftron is a programmable mosfet,so you could configure it how you want

Comment

Never heard of Jefftron, but the video looks like exactly what I need. And the rof reducer could be perfect for the 11.1v work...

I'll give one a punt!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
                              Working...
                              X