Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Glock 19 w/ TAC LIGHT Problem, Serpa - Safariland ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glock 19 w/ TAC LIGHT Problem, Serpa - Safariland ?

Evening all

Bit of an ongoing problem I'm trying to solve on my return to the sport after a 5yr break. I intend to go back to playing CQB sites and as I despise High-Caps and only use Mids, having a good Secondary with a fast draw is very important to me

I used to run a G19 in a Blackhawk Serpa on a drop leg w/ a separate holster for my Surefire G2. It worked but was never ideal, especially on pistol mag changes

I moved on to Safariland with a M3 and it was a good set up but I just didn't get on with the release system and my draw/transition was much slower than with the Serpa.

I've now bought a L2 Serpa (clone) that will take a torch and have only just found out that most Tac Lights don't fit other than the Blackhawk Xiphos nt!

While I like genuine kit it's not a great time for me to splash out £130+ on a torch. I know I can get a Clone of the Xiphos but I understand it doesn't have a 'momentary' switch setting, just on/off?

As not having that function doesn't suit my game play I'm stuck on what to do, but still want to stay with the Serpa

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Chas

Re: Glock 19 w/ TAC LIGHT Problem, Serpa - Safariland ?

Take a dremmel to the serpa, failing that. Simply play with the thumb break released on the safariland. Unless you are cartwheeling the pistol should still stay put. It's what I do. Took me ages to get used to a safariland over a serpa but now I prefer it. Especially modified so it sits higher up the thigh meaning it's far more set in place.
    “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

You can't force the holster to hold a light it isn't meant to so you'll have to move on from it. I believe Blackhawk are finally going to be bringing a weapons mounted light holster to market but its not cloned or available easily in the UK yet so no point discussing it. If you want to continue using a Glock 19 and M3 combo, but not with a Safariland style holster, you should look at either IMI holsters, which use a release button similar to a Serpa and have interchangeable belt/paddle/MOLLE options or a custom kydex holster.

Comment

Dremel won't work as far as I can see, you'd be cutting into the mech that locks the trigger.

I have thought about the modding a SL to just use the retention screw element but would rather avoid

Comment

Originally posted by ForkTailedDevil View Post
          You can't force the holster to hold a light it isn't meant to so you'll have to move on from it. I believe Blackhawk are finally going to be bringing a weapons mounted light holster to market but its not cloned or available easily in the UK yet so no point discussing it. If you want to continue using a Glock 19 and M3 combo, but not with a Safariland style holster, you should look at either IMI holsters, which use a release button similar to a Serpa and have interchangeable belt/paddle/MOLLE options or a custom kydex holster.
          Something like this then you think? Interesting

http://www.imidefense.com/black-poly...IMI-Z1600.html

Comment

Yeah, forgot the lightbearing IMI holsters don't use a button release, but another variation of a hood though.

Comment

Its a spring loaded hood that is released with a button you press with your thumb.

Comment

Like the 5.11 Thumb Drive system then?

Comment

There's the fobus EM17 range too but not sure if they have one for a glock 19. They do a 17, but unlike the serpas the shorter length would mean it wouldn't work with a 19
                  “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

Tried a friends Fobus ages back, hated it. You almost had to draw in a backward direction to get away cleanly and needed two hands (or patience) to re-holster. Just didn't work for me in the fast pace of CQC

Comment

It's all about practice and muscle memory. If it's something new it's gonna take some getting used to. I was exactly the same moving to safariland from blackhawks.

Comment

Have you thought about making your own holster ? I have a TM hi-capa with a strike plate and there's no holsters for it so I bought som kydex of a well known auction site and made my own , watched a load of YouTube and had a think about what I needed to do and away to go !
                        From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

Give Zahul a look, Israeli company I get my holsters from them, they do have one that have torch options too

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Comment

Does it have to be hard plastic? I use a Radar leather holster and it'll take any size glock with any popular torch

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

CharlieQB Find out more about CharlieQB
                            Working...
                            X