Anyone in the UK using a a&k PKM ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone in the UK using a a&k PKM ?

Hi I'm thinking about buying the a&k Pkm is anyone in the UK able to tell me about it when chronograph 350fps
    Ie the rate of fire and range?

Re: Anyone in the UK using a a&k PKM ?

That would rather depend on a range of factors; do you mean in its stock state?

Comment

Mainly interested In stock state. However there is so little I've came across the pkm in the UK any information will be good.

Comment

got mine from the states stock fps was above 400fps rof was pretty standard on a 7.2 lipo swapped spring out for a m100 or an m90 cant remember which still high at 360fps may bed down after a while tho easy spring change if you up battery voltage it will raise rof i guess i would suggest front rail set so you can use a front grip makes it easier to use i find very similar to the stock agm mg42 i would say range seemed as good as each other both rather heavy but lots of fun to use not many reloads required.

Comment

Mainly interested In stock state. However there is so little I've came across the pkm in the UK any information will be good.

- - - Updated - - -

What battery do you recommend ?

Comment

i wouldnt go above 9.6v on mine in its stock state my 7.2 ran nicely 5000mah large pack it would run forever at a steady pace, guess it depends on what you want to do with it im a very steady player with my gear so i never stress stuff much.I run the mg42 on a 7.2v lipo and its great never had a fault with it so ill continue with this in pkm.its never for cqb just a steady hose to keep folk still while the lighter guys make the move and kill i find if its a slower steadier pace you dont burn through bbs so much and keep in game better not much running going on either lol

Comment

I had a PKM, and after trying it out 'stock' it was hot - 420 FPS+, and the HOP was awful - which meant the range was barely 30m.

After upgrading with a better HOP rubber, CNC HOP unit and some lonex internals, it was a 60m+ beast.

I would recommend an 11.1v Lipo and a tighter barrel.

I may have just had a lemon, but stock-wise, mine was awful.
              Wanted - Western Arms Beretta M1934 GBB

Comment

i had heard the earlier ones had issues wth hop ect.. so far so good with mine but ts airsoft which means it will break sooner or later lol

Comment

Had one - Loved it
                  But as previous posters have said they come with a pretty powerful spring
                  But the plus point in that is that as its essentially an M249 Gearbox changing the spring is childs play
                  The bipod is wobbly (sorted by shimming with a beercan)
                  The front sight is not central (not sure if this has been fixed or not)
                  The Hop CAN be difficult (mine was spot on)
                  I used 11.1 in mine with the ROF adjusted disabled and it was fine and dandy

HTH
                  R

Comment

Currently own one, had it for years, no real issues.

Replaced the stock motor with a TM EG1000 as it was really sapping the ROF. I run it on 7.4v lipos and its ROF is now roughly comparable to the ROF of the real life PKM, without sodding around with the fire rate adjuster built into it.
                    Range is unimpressive but acceptable, likely needs a new hop rubber. I replaced the spring inside with an M100, which was a piece of cake.

Pros:
                    -Accepts real-steel replacement parts quite well, if you wish to dress your PKM up with such.
                    -Sturdy and beautiful, like Russian women.
                    -Drowns out the riff-raff with relentless dakka.

Cons:
                    -Stock internals are nothing fancy, but functional enough.
                    -Box magazine is noisy as f*ck, you will notice this in milsim night games when everything around you is silent but your jiggly box of bbs isn't. (I remedied this by lining the box magazine with cardboard. Sort of helped.)
                    -Heavy. (Recommend some sort of foregrip set up and a sling, as I did)

Aimpoint optional, just my personal requirement.

Go for it, they're cool.

Comment

They are as cool AF. Mine was a head turner. Just wanted a GBBR more though.
                      Wanted - Western Arms Beretta M1934 GBB

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Black Stag Find out more about Black Stag
                      Working...
                      X