What backup pistol should i get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What backup pistol should i get?

Hi guys, i want a compact gbb pistol as my backup for my silverback sniper. Three pistols look like they are in the running....

1. WE Bulldog
    2. TM G26
    3. Tokyo Marui GBB Detonics .45 Combat Master

I am inclined to buy TM as in my experience all gas TM guns I've had have never leaked and performed brilliantly. I do like the look of the bulldog though but I've not had great experience with WE. i would love to hear from people who own any of these please.

Matt

Re: What backup pistol should i get?

Having owned all of these i would reccomend the Bulldog

G26C is nice, especially with full auto, and the detonics mag can barley hold enough gas to empty all the bb's

Comment

If you can afford it and don't mind plastic slide, I'd go with a TM over WE. Gas efficiency, range, and accuracy are far better from what I've experienced and I'm sure many will agree.

Never had a G26. The 1911 is nice but there are better TM pistols as the gas reservoir on the 1911 isn't that big.

Other than the ones stated, I's suggest a M&P 9 or a H&K Compact from the TM range if you're looking for the smaller pistols.

Comment

The benefit of choosing the detonics is that you can use all the TM 1911 magazines in it. When I had mine I ran it off the standard mags and meu mags. I'm assuming you would also be able to use the extended mags without issue.

Comment

Tm fn 5-7 awesome piece of kit you will also get about 40 rounds out of one gassed mag after a reload great accuracy and range and its a little different to the standard 1911's etc

Comment

HI mate, we'll for me, my tm hi-capa gold match out performs any other my other airsoft pistol I have or have owned, can't say a bad thing about it really..

ATB, Marc.
            Some Guns In My Collection:
            Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Gold Match - Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - WE Mak - Colt SAA .45 - & More
            My Youtube Review/Shooting Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmI...TEBvLnSJ7XCh1g

Comment

Yes... i did consider a high cappa, maybe worth a test shoot

Comment

Yeah it's worth a try, just to confirm though my gold match hi-capa also out performs my standard 5.1 hi-capas, I have done a few videos on them on my YouTube channel..

ATB, Marc.
                Some Guns In My Collection:
                Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Gold Match - Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - WE Mak - Colt SAA .45 - & More
                My Youtube Review/Shooting Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmI...TEBvLnSJ7XCh1g

Comment

I always swore by the inherent superiority if TM. I've owned quite a few. Then one day I bought a brand new WE Glock. Hated it. Just didn't work as well. Ended up selling it. So yeah. I would say Either of the TM's should be your choice. Personally I'd go for the Detonics .45 (but that's just because I want one for myself)

Comment

I like my detonics, it's a snappy little pistol and quite a pleasent surprise to shoot
                    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

unless you NEED a metal slide, go with the TM. my WE g18c shoots fine in any weather, and will happily empty a mag, but there is no sort of accuracy at all. I've also got a kwa usp tactical with an esd evo barrel/rubber/chamber combo and i don't find that accurate either and it has a worse gas efficiency than the WE. Buy a TM, put the proper gas in it, leave it well alone. the moment you start to maul with them, that magic escapes.

Comment

I have a TM Detonics and it is a riot to shoot. It just brings a massive grin to my face. I am a massive TM advocate.

I am not sure how good the Army clones of it are, but you could buy one of each colour for the same price as a TM one...
                        Last edited by Dentonboy; 1 March, 2017, 12:48. Reason: Spelling
                        Wanted - Western Arms Beretta M1934 GBB

Comment

TM ftw, personally I'd go for a hi-capa, I have 3, as well as others but feel you can't beat a stock hi/capa 4.3.

Comment

Had a look at most of the guns you guys recommended today in z1, settled on the tm glock 26 in the end although i did really like the feel of the bulldog, i just couldnt bring myself to buy WE again. Thanks for all the advice guys!

- - - Updated - - -

It is an awesome little beast btw

Comment

You chose wisely, TBH theres not many bad TM GBB's so its hard to go wrong, where as WE is the polar opposite :P

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Matt318 Airsoft warrior Find out more about Matt318
                              Working...
                              X