Time for a new aeg.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for a new aeg.

Over the past few weeks I have been trying to whittle down the list of potential targets as my next aeg.
    I play a fair bit of woodland skirmish but want to keep my options open in regards to cqb and milsim.
    I'm looking at a budget of about £650 for everything. Mags, batteries and rif.

I seem to have it down to a couple of guns now.
    Kwa rm4 erg
    Krytac lmg enhanced
    Tokyo Marui of some sort.

Now as I see it all have positives and negatives

Kwa rm4. Reliable out of the box, avaerage range which is easily enhanced with a new bucking. One of the most powerful electric blowback recoils on the market. But there are no official Uk distributors of kwa goodies and some of the things can be a nightmare to find.

Krytac. Fantastic out of the box performance, pre installed mosfet, full metal construction, reliable, plenty of Uk support. But no recoil system.

Tokyo Marui. Fantastic out of the box, recoil as standard, plenty of Uk support. More expensive than the other 2 brands, like kwa requires proprietary magzines for all features which are both expensive and can be difficult to fine. Also seem to require lots of work to bring to a higher spec (spectre mosfet, internal work etc).

That's from what I can find out after endless hours and evenings watching reviews, reading blogs etc. But what's your guys thoughts. With £650. Which of those would you go for knowing you needed the gun, magazines and batteries/charger.

I have 9.6v Nimh batteries, but from everything I have been. Told/read it's fairly essential to shift to lipos and a Lipo charger.

Re: Time for a new aeg.

I highly recommend the rm4, while TM and krytac are also great at the end of the day it comes down to what you want/like. Obviously you won't get the quick rate of fire and trigger response with the recoils without internal work, where as like you said the krytac has the MOSFET. Then there's the variants each manufacturer makes if you want say a scar krytac and kwa don't make them so TM will be your choice if you want an AK then you've got TM and kwa. At the end of the day it's what you like and will enjoy using.
    what do you mean a valid defence ?

Comment

My gut feeling is the krytac enhanced lmg. Then plan of saving next year to get a Marui with the bells and whistles.
      It's a real tear though trying to balance off what I want though as all 3 seem solid

Comment

As a current or previous owner of all the TM recoil platforms I'd say you don't 'need' to up-grade any of them , quite frankly I think most of the upgraded gatts you see on forums are just examples of dick waving "my guns more up-graded than yours !" Yes I do accept that they can benefit the trigger response blah blah BUT will it really make that much of a difference to wether you hit the target or not ? I'd say no it won't , we're talking micro seconds of difference .
        Then you get the "ah but if you up-grade it you get a faster moving to target BB !" Yes you do but again we're talking a VERY small amount of difference in time to target .
        Don't get me wrong if you want to up-grade crack on I'm not going to have a go because you did I know a fair few players who have and are really happy with there gatts , but I just don't think it's needed that's all .
        But the big clincher for me is stock TMs live forever, up-graded guns what ever brand don't you will ALWAYS be having to 'fiddle' with it once you've cracked it open , and I say this from experience I've up-graded my self and had it done by a recognised expert tech on recoils and if a gun does play up its always one of them , my ones I left stock have never let me down .
        So ultimately I'd say get the TM and leave it well alone !
        Last edited by druid799; 3 March, 2017, 17:34.
        From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

Exactly what Druid just said go TM recoil, I've heard great things about the KWA, but for me, it's the TM recoil every time.
          "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

I've had a couple of TM recoils and can say that they are awesome, just put a tightbore barrel and that's as far as upgrades need to be (if that). They are pricey but you get more model choice.
            I've recently gone back to AEG's and gone with the KWA rm4a1, the recoil is a lot more I pressive than the TM's but performance out of the box is not as great.
            Either way you go you won't be disappointed.

Comment

My main concern with the TM series is the lack of availability of magazines, but it's much of a muchness as the kwa mags are just as hard to find regularly.
              Price wise any decent magazine will set you back somewhere around 20 quid plus.

I had been leaning towards a krytac lmg, but the news that they may not come into stock for another couple of months has dampened that down. That and I want the fun of recoil.

But are TM really worth the extra £200-£300 over the kwa.

Comment

Not ever had (or seen a kwa) I can't make a comment on which is better but all I can say is I've never handled a better feeling or operating new AEG like my TM recoils and I've been hooning around the fields for 16+yrs .
                Recently I have gone back to 'ordinary' AEGs as my gameplay has gone off on a tangent as I'm now going for themed loadouts and I can't get recoils to suit !
                So I'd say yes they are worth the extra and if you keep your eye out the mags pop up all the time on the second hand sections and until you get your full quota just carry a speed loader and a bag of BBs in the field ?
                From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

Availiability of the Marui mags are better than the kwa tbh, only a few retailers have them.
                  If you can afford it then go for Marui, I went with kwa as I was on a bit of a budget and coming from gas I still wanted that hard recoil.

Comment

Having recently bought a TM scar H recoil, I'd say if you want performance without dicking about, buy the marui. Don't be put off by the 280fps. The whole reason i bought one was because i was playing a game a few weeks ago and one of the people i shot let me have a go of his when we were both dead. It's range was on par with my scar H gbbr set up as a DMR (400 fps, mapleleaf barrel and bucking). All i will say is that they feel like toys. The plastic is creaky and cheap. Not 'its gonna break' cheap, the gun is solid, but the ABS isn't very nice. mags are also everywhere.

No dealings with KWA other than i know they have more recoil. The krytac is just a normal, all be it high quality AEG

Comment

I spent a long ol while last night watching videos and reading more reviews and user experiences.
                      Looked deep into my budget and what I wanted and in the end I'm opting for a kwa rm4 erg.
                      A bonus was that the new kwa 30/120 pmags arrived in the Uk and I was able to snag 6 of them last night.
                      So if all goes to plan in 2 weeks time I should have a new shines rm4 erg and 7 mags to keep it happy.

Comment

Hi Ghost have you looked at the Bolt Brss m4 sopmod and i can see your problem i like the look at tha krytac spr mk2 but i want a M4 look like the sopmod but cant afford the tm

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah but I like the magpul pts erg as it's a little more yummy.

I know a good krytac supplier was doing lvoa-s DMR builds as they offered me one when I couldn't get the enhanced lmg

Comment

Its a git trying to find the right aeg they make some nice guys but which one

Comment

Ghost i like the bolt as it looks like a m4 and has recoil but the krytac is a better build.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ghostwalker 43 year old airsoft newbie, former tournament paintballer and marshal. Ex TA RGJ, WW2 hstory buff. Find out more about ghostwalker
                              Working...
                              X