Choosing a recoil / blowback / gbb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choosing a recoil / blowback / gbb

I currently have a top tech g&g cqb s which I really quite like. I had a recoil Kwa/pts which I also loved but I sold it.

I'm now looking for probably a non m4 platform recoil / blowback or maybe even gas..

But the whole thing is a bit of a minefield and I can't decide on what to go with.

So just a post to see what people would recommend?

I was looking at the WE scar gbb but I usually play with 120 round mid caps, and would prefer larger capacity than the 30rd mags which I believe is the only option for those?

Internal parts are quite important as these days I really want maximum range possible with decent barrels and hops etc

Any help appreciated

- - - Updated - - -

What would anybody recommended more,

Tm recoil scar cqc

Or a WE gbb scar light?

Re: Choosing a recoil / blowback / gbb

I don't know how good it is. But kwa have an ak erg I believe.
    Not sure if it's available over here or not. But worth a look. Personally I can't wait to get my pts rm4 erg in a fortnight.

Comment

TM imo. You don't seem overall found on 30 round mags, and you'll only exceed that running HPA/high cap mags.

With the TM you'll have 82 rounds and then if you feel like a challenge they can be changed to 30 rounds.

All depends on your budget
      Don't forget to submit feedback! http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php

Comment

In terms of recoil, you won't beat a gbbr. I have a scar H gbbr and a TM recoil scar H. The recoil on the TM is more of a vibration. It's like shooting a dildo. That being said, it will work just as happily in the North Pole as it will in Africa. If you're trigger happy, buy the TM. Easiest way of telling if a gbbr is for you is to load 30 rounds in all your mags and play a game. If you struggle, gbbr's aren't for you. Maple leaf vsr buckings are like magic in a gbbr, so don't worry about range.

Comment

Thanks for the replies!

I don't think 30rd mags would be much of a problem for me.

The more powerful recoil from a gbbr is what is so appealing to me, but I reckon by the time I have bought 5-6
          Gas mags the cost would be way over the price of a tm recoil

Comment

I Have the tm scar l, recoil is ok it is much stronger on the 416 but i know you dont want the m4 styles. There always plenty if decent packages for sale on here that would be my choice

Comment

If you're looking for the L, mags are between £30-35 so you're looking at £150-175 for mags plus the gun which runs between £220-250 new. So it would be around the same price, maybe cheaper still. The recoil is great. Especially indoors. People always shit themselves when they hear it go off.

Comment

If you are more of a careful 'shoot to hit' player then 4 mags would be plenty, most GBBR mags hold enough gas for 2 BB loads / 60 BBs.

That gets you 120rds quickly accessible, along with a sidearm (i assume) reload when you get a lull / regen.

I havnt got one yet, and i know your not wanting another AR platform, but the TM MWS is very enticing to me.
                Theres also loads of GHKs going ATM.

Personally the late GBBR's performance is staggering.
                GBBR is for you if you see these as Pro's rather than Con's;
                Recoil
                Mechanical noise
                Low caps
                Semi firing

Comment

And the build quality of they externals is usually far nicer because it has to contain a big lump of metal bouncing around it's insides. Also really easy to break down to clean lube. I can completely field strip the scar, G36c, mp5, 416 in about 10 seconds. Try getting a gearbox out in 10 seconds lol.

Comment

Thanks again much appreciated!

The gas is a lot more appealing to me at the minute. I have a few in mind, the we scar or possibly the pts Masada gbbr.

So basically the gas mags would probably need refilling with gas in its 2nd cycle give or take?

I suppose that isn't too bad considering I normally stop when I'm hit to refill my speedloader and mids anyway

Comment

Thats one of the biggest things actually that subconsciously appeals to me W0lf, build quality and take down.
                      I love the way HPA and GBBR stuff assembles, like you say its built properly as it has to deal with high gas pressures and mechanical loads.

Comment

Another thing I forgot to ask was fps limits. Most of the gbbrs I have seen on YouTube etc are around 400 ish

What's the easiest thing to alter the power?

Comment

If youre TM its not a problem obv, all of the others sort this out with NPAS / CQB bolts etc.
                          As far as im aware they are all de-tunable, id cross that bridge later as its a minor detail really.
                          If you like playing with primary and secondary and youre site allows, you may want to run 400fps if locked to semi to maximise the GBBs ability with heavy BB's

Comment

Originally posted by trigger happy View Post
                            Another thing I forgot to ask was fps limits. Most of the gbbrs I have seen on YouTube etc are around 400 ish

What's the easiest thing to alter the power?
                            Depends on the system. GHKs have various nozzles. Low Velocity, 1J, Standard, High and adjustable.

WEs and I believe TM can use NPAS (i wouldn't bother with) or FG reduction discs, 10, 15 and 20% available.

Your inner barrel and type of gas used will also affect the FPS
                            Don't forget to submit feedback! http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php

Comment

Failing me getting a gbbr,

What are people's opinions on the best quality internal aegs at the minute? I have a complex about range. Not sure if gbb would be exactly ideal for me just yet

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

trigger happy Find out more about trigger happy
                              Working...
                              X