Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need more range

Hey

So i am currently running a G&G GC16 SRl edition. This gun is completely stock and i have not changed anything. However i am now wanting to get more range and accuracy out of it. I am running .25g bbs which has helped a little bit, however i am wondering if there is anything else i can do to help. I was looking at a 6.03 tightore Mad Bull barrel and also a MAD BULL 60 Degree Shark Accelerator hop up.

Would any of these help to improve my range or accuracy?

Thanks

Will

Re: Need more range

I have a G&G Raider that has the s-hop mod..shoots as well as my Krytac, s-hop is easy to do and the green G&G bucking works well, I'm using a laylax flat hop nub and the standard barrel, I tried a tightbore but it made no difference. I would recommend chronoing before and after any mods.

Comment

Well said lazybike, always chrono before and after each individual mod, it seriously helps to prove youre heading in the right direction and improving or degrading your air seal!
      With the hop mods above youll be able to hop heavier BB's, so youll want to go up to 0.28 or even 0.3g @ 350fps.
      Along with improved and more importantly consistent airseal youll gain accuracy through consistency of shot along with range.

- - - Updated - - -

On a side note ive noticed some BB companies seem to be going down hill which makes tuning a gun a right PITA.
      It is seriously worth buying even a small sample bag of Geoffs, if nothing else to confirm your usual BBs are upto spec.

Comment

Originally posted by lazybike View Post
        I have a G&G Raider that has the s-hop mod..shoots as well as my Krytac, s-hop is easy to do and the green G&G bucking works well, I'm using a laylax flat hop nub and the standard barrel, I tried a tightbore but it made no difference. I would recommend chronoing before and after any mods.
        So what is S hop? and do i need a specific barrel /hop up unit?

Without spending too much is there anything else that will increase range?

Comment

Check youtube for sugru hop mod and how to flat hop...you can use the standard G&G barrel and bucking all you need is sugru and a flat hop nub so £12-15, If your gun is shooting 330ish fps, then you can only improve the hop and airseal, this will give you an increase in effective range and accuracy as you will be able to use heavier bb's. Having said all that.. G&G's are normally pretty good out of the box, it may be the case that you just need to get closer to the target

Comment

Buy a couple of feet of 6mm ID, 9mm OD EPDM hose from the local car spares place (couple of quid) , look up how to do R Hop. Turn the stock bucking inside out and sand the nub off. Sand the bottom of the hop arm flat and cut up a bit of eraser to make a nub which gets superglued onto the arm. Use 0.28 or 0.3g ammo.
            I've just done my son's otherwise stock M4 (360mm stock brass barrel, 325fps with 0.2g ammo) and that now reaches out to 70+ metres (measured).
            It takes a bit of practise, but if you're careful and methodical the R Hop isn't really hard to do.
            Compared to something like a well set up Maple Leaf bucking the difference in performance is surprising. We were both gobsmacked the first time we watched a 0.28 sail out past where the Maple Leaf had been ranging and just keep going.

- - - Updated - - -

I did try the Sugru , but I found it didn't last very long with heavier ammo. The EPDM is far tougher, but it takes a bit more skill and patience to learn to cut the patches to suit the window in your barrel. I've done a few now, and it takes me about half an hour, which includes modding the hop arm, making the nub and sanding the inside of the bucking flat.

Comment

Originally posted by Hangtight View Post
              Buy a couple of feet of 6mm ID, 9mm OD EPDM hose from the local car spares place (couple of quid) , look up how to do R Hop. Turn the stock bucking inside out and sand the nub off. Sand the bottom of the hop arm flat and cut up a bit of eraser to make a nub which gets superglued onto the arm. Use 0.28 or 0.3g ammo.
              I've just done my son's otherwise stock M4 (360mm stock brass barrel, 325fps with 0.2g ammo) and that now reaches out to 70+ metres (measured).
              It takes a bit of practise, but if you're careful and methodical the R Hop isn't really hard to do.
              Compared to something like a well set up Maple Leaf bucking the difference in performance is surprising. We were both gobsmacked the first time we watched a 0.28 sail out past where the Maple Leaf had been ranging and just keep going.

- - - Updated - - -

I did try the Sugru , but I found it didn't last very long with heavier ammo. The EPDM is far tougher, but it takes a bit more skill and patience to learn to cut the patches to suit the window in your barrel. I've done a few now, and it takes me about half an hour, which includes modding the hop arm, making the nub and sanding the inside of the bucking flat.
              i know what i have got planned for this weekend then just out of curiosity what range are you getting with .28? Is there any point getting a tighter bore barrel or is a waste of money as i have the stock G&G one.

Comment

The 0.28s are going out to 70+ metres. My Prometheus 6.03 is more accurate than my son's stock brass (6.08?) but not by a whole lot, and probably more to do with the higher quality internal finish than the actual bore size.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

William-Mathew Find out more about William-Mathew
                Working...
                X