Music + Airsoft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music + Airsoft?

Hey guys, thought I'd start making videos with airsoft gameplay and music in the background. Nothing new but what kind of songs would you guys like to hear with skirmish games?

https://youtu.be/ril931EIxWc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Music + Airsoft?

Definitely not a fan of music in gameplay videos. When I'm watching I want to see nicely cut action with the ambient noise. Some subtle tension building music is fine here and there, but a song covering the whole thing... Nope. Not a fan at all
    Keep doing what you're doing though... Don't let my views change how you create!
    CBMPC:TV! youtube channel - here! - game footage, random adventures, reviews and much more coming soon!

Follow the CBMPC! airsoft team on twitter @cbmpc

Comment

I think it depends on the type of video. If you're doing a super sneaky video as a sniper or scout (example crawling through bushes, stalking your enemy, etc) then I would suggest quieter music (possibly orchestral, I used one of the less-known Metal Gear Solid tracks in a video which worked quite well), if it's brazen and full-on CQB or assault-y action then you might want something heavier. The key is keeping the volume of the music low enough that ambient noise, speech and weapons-fire is still audible.

Ultimately it's up to you, and it's going to take some experimenting to get it right for you and your viewers, so get to it and have fun!

Comment

Thanks guys 😁 not looking to spend heaps of time into these, and Ive never really done editing before (video above is my first ever).

Idea was that I often found myself forwarding and skipping parts of videos whenever I watch, so I thought maybe if we add music and keep it short, the whole thing can be engaging.

Of course my video wasn't the best example 😂 and I always find that cqb gameplay is a lot more entertaining than woodland (personally) where my current cameras can't really pick up on further ranges.

Still though I'll keep those advice in mind for when I want to go deeper into editing and video making. Thanks for the tips 😄

Comment

Speaking of your current cameras, what are you using as your selfie cam?

Comment

Contour Roam 3 mate

Mounts are expensive but I got one from shapeways just under £20 with a coupon for free delivery

Comment

Music is hard, cus youtube bans most famous artists on vids i personally try stay on things that are not on record labels, i use video game soundtracks. Most of them fit well..but its your call..

Assumption is the mother of F*&% Ups!

Comment

You could always use Zep's classic "Kasmir", it's a bit of a one size fits all job, I've heard it used for the Olympics, TV dramas, Football, adverts, the lot really....but then again, look who it is, and the fact that it's universally recognised, as one of the greatest songs of all time, and you can see exactly why they use it.
                "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

New Video is up:

The Mall Reading 65+ hits gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo63iqVwXVc&t=1s

12/03/17 - Enjoy =) before it likely gets taken down

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

KyleRO Find out more about KyleRO
                  Working...
                  X