• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We hi capa problems :'(

Got a we 5.1 hi capa
    The problem is it's fine with out a mag in
    With a mag in the hammer doesn't go all the way back to hit the slide ,
    Making it a hell of a lot less powerful and not loading the next shot
    Been watching YouTube videos all day and adjusting the old leaf spring to no avail.
    Can some one help me before I kill it with fire

P.s don't think it makes a difference but
    It's got a
    125 Uac nozzle spring
    125 hammer spring
    125 recoil spring
    6.02 mm barrel
    9ball hop rubber

Also just bought a mike cripps leaf spring
    Tried that and it's made no difference
    Help please

Re: We hi capa problems :'(

Bump

Comment

Hi mate..
      Without having the gun in my hands its always a little tricky to know exactly whats wrong with it.
      But where you say the hammer is not going all the way back, do you mean the hammer is not fully cocking? or do you mean the hammer is not going all the way forward when firing? (im guessing you mean its not fully going forward and striking though)

Are you using a co2 or green gas mag? I ask this because the valves on the co2 mags are harder to press in then the green gas magazines and maybe the hammer does not have enough force to compress it fully..

if using gas, what gas you using?

Has he gun been operating fine before you putting certain upgrades in? if so might be worth trying to change some back..

Like i say without seeing the gun and fault finding myself, its tricky to know for sure, but maybe the hammer spring is worn, i would suggest putting the original hammer spring back in and see if it changes anything, also by swapping other parts over like again it will help you fault find..

Or maybe the hammer spring was too strong is using a green gas mag, and has damaged the valve pin..

Or maybe the disconnector and sear is not seating correctly, and or maybe its down to the magazine valve itself, are you able to try another magazine?

ATB, Marc..
      Some Guns In My Collection:
      Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Gold Match - Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - WE Mak - Colt SAA .45 - & More
      My Youtube Review/Shooting Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmI...TEBvLnSJ7XCh1g

Comment

Thanks for your reply buddy
        Has been done with the upgrades in
        Has been used with co2 most of its life
        Only used gas mags when the co2 ones have been broken
        Only had to change the leaf spring and bbu spring
        As the ones that were fitted I have to my pal for his hi capa
        Hammer isn't going all the way forward as in hitting the slide where
        Firing pin would be on the real version
        I'm taking a shot in the dark and thinking sear ?
        Never had one before ? And it is fairly old and abused.

Comment

HI mate no probs.
          Yeah if you can try it with a different magazine ideally a gas one just to test to see if you still get the same issue, as you said the gun seems to dry fire OK without a magazine inserted.

But yeah if it's seen a lot of use and mostly on co2 it could well be a worn down hammer spring or worn hammer sear..
          Mike cripps sells the sears cheap although I'm not sure if the TM ones are compatible with the WE, it's a hit and miss with some internals etc.
          ATB, Marc
          Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Gold Match - Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - WE Mak - Colt SAA .45 - & More
          My Youtube Review/Shooting Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmI...TEBvLnSJ7XCh1g

Comment

Seems to be fine with no mag
            There's no difference between using a co2 mag or gas :/
            Does the sear just go then with no warning ?
            I'd say the pistol is 3 maybe 4 years old
            It's had a fair bit of use , the hammer spring isn't that old at all in fairness

Comment

Hmm yeah because it seems fine with no magazine and has the same fault with different mags. it is making it a little tricky to know exactly what's wrong with it, I have not had any of my TM hi-capa sears wear YET, but I think the issue of the hammer not fully firing would happen with and without a mag if it was down the to sear, but I'm just guessing on that one..

Would your friends with the hi-capa lend you his gun so you can use it to help find the fault with yours by swapping and changing parts etc, that would be the best find of finding the fault as its not obvious what's going on,, ore for the sake of a few quid, give Mike crisps a ring, tell him what your guns doing and ask if he things changing the sear or sears or even the hammer would solve it, he might be able to shed some light on things.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

minisam92 Find out more about minisam92
              Working...
              X