How to run 2 radio nets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to run 2 radio nets

Hi, I'm looking at running two radio nets on one headset. I currently have two Motorola talkabout radios, I want to be able to be on two frequencys and hear both but be able to transmit on which one I want.

I have looked at duel PTT's but they seem to require one radio to be a Kenwood dual pin, anyone able to suggest anything or am I best off getting a duel frequency baofeng and reprogramming it to PMR channels?

Cheers

Re: How to run 2 radio nets

The problem with running a Boafeng is that you will be way over the legal power output for PMR channels. Get a Business Radio (Simple UK) licence (£75 for 5 years to cover your entire team) and the world is your oyster.

Comment

Dual comm headset is the way forward. 2 nets on one channel will only end up with overtalking in your ears when both nets transmit at the same time. Get a dual comm headset and each radio goes to a different ear. Also makes it easier to work out which net is talking!

Comment

Get a Baofeng
        Yeah you will be over UK power output, but the chances of anything happening is slim to none

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Tinweasel Find out more about Tinweasel
        Working...
        X