Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you crono??

Hi lads
    just seeing how you lads crono for a game day?
    do you

1. add .20bbs to your mag and crono your gun, then when passed your site limit , then add your .25, .28 etc bbs or

2. take of or set your hop for .20bbs test then re set your hop for the bbs you are using??

thanks in advance glen

Re: how do you crono??

Just about every site I've played at with either add their own bb's to your mag or have their own mags filled. Never bothered adjusting my hop, too much bother.
    Just roll up, and the gun over to be tested, enjoy the rest of the day.

Comment

It varies from site to site.

Some sites chrono at the start of game days.

Some will chrono once and trust you to inform them of any changes.

Some will chrono once and then put an inspected tag sort of like a cable tie through a part of the gun where you can't take it apart lest you cut the cable tie and inspect every 6 months.

Comment

Personally I feel you should crono on the weight you are using, with the hop set correctly. If it's over limits then you crono on .2's with the hop set correctly and you can at least detect any Joule Creep and run on a lower weight to be within site rules.

Comment

Originally posted by richw View Post
          Personally I feel you should crono on the weight you are using, with the hop set correctly. If it's over limits then you crono on .2's with the hop set correctly and you can at least detect any Joule Creep and run on a lower weight to be within site rules.
          hiya mate do you mean my gun set and hopped for .40bb and test with .20bb and should shoot around 430fps?

Comment

Should test with .2 with hop dialled off, that should fall under the site fps limits.

Comment

I usually follow this chart: http://i.imgur.com/C0o7H.jpg if I have gained any more FPS that's down to Joule creep but it also helps understand where I should be so no surprises at any site (unless there crono is pretty poor).

Comment

the reason I am asking is picked up a new dmr and was told it shoots 430fps, went to the site today shoots when tested on 2s at 380fpsall the other dmrs were on or around 410-440 fps so 30-40 more than me, when I asked the gun tec, he said my 430 was when hopped and tested with 2s, so when hopped for 4s would push down more, I dod understand this but I am now still 40 fps under the other dmrs

Comment

You need to put a higher power spring in it.

Comment

The FPS loss can be differences between crono or the spring settling (sounds a little much for that!).

And as said above, the easiest method is to swap the spring. I prefer getting a pretty decent airseal and then seeing where I am as generally the results are better but that involves finding a good tech...

Welcome to the world of Airsoft and getting the FPS you want!

Comment

The site I go to chronos in joules which is far better, they load up the bbs that ulyou are going to use all day and do it like that, stops the creepers too

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Comment

Every site I've been too either chrono's on there own .2s or chrono with your own ammo ask what your using then check an fps chart to see if it would be under 350 on .2s .
                        From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

You should really be testing in joules to stop joule creep.

Especially with the change in the law

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

glenbrooks ex army..infantry 8 tours under my belt now here just for fun Find out more about glenbrooks
                          Working...
                          X