• Upgrade advice

After some other opinions before I order stuff,

I have a Ics cxp ape which is shooting 230-240 fps on a .25

My local site test on .2 with a limit of 345

So far on my list I have ,

Prometheus 6.03
    A new spring (unsure of grade)
    And a decent hop rubber (purple?)

Maximum range and fps would be ideal to my site limit as I just want something that performs really well

Advice is really appreciated a lot

Re: Upgrade advice

Guarder SP100 spring
    Prommy or Maple for out the box performance if you dont want the faff of FLAT / R / S hop.
    0.25 - 0.28g BBs

Comment

a tightbore barrel with a SP100 spring may run the risk of being ever so slightly above 350fps, personally Id go for an M95 spring as they tend to be a happy medium with a safe margin of error for FPS limits.

Comment

Also another quick question, the inner barrel is apparently 375 mm. what length can I get away with if I can't get exactly that?

Comment

IIRC 363 is a relatively standard length, that would be fine.
          Also i do like to get right upto the FPS limits, it would pay to fit your new tightbore and bucking and see what your FPS jumps upto before rushing in to the spring change

Comment

^^ if you're doing the work yourself, get a barrel and bucking (I highly recommend the maple leaf 60deg and omega nub) and work on the air seal. That might bring your fps up to what you're after. Putting a spring in a gun without a good airseal is just putting unnecessary stress on the gearbox.

The barrel should give you 10ish fps, the bucking might give more, depending on its tightness in the chamber. If it's not tight, use some teflon (ptfe) tape. If it doesn't already have a bearing spring guide, that will give you a few fps, as well as a better o ring for the piston head. Some thin silicone oil rubbed on the inside of the cylinder will help with the seal.

Comment

Just ordered a Prometheus 6.03 and a guarder clear rubber, hopefully this will help, will chrono on those upgrades and then will choose a spring accordingly to what I need

Comment

I plan to get a pre r-hopped prommy barrel soon, do I need to upgrade anything else in my gun to accompany it?

For the price I'm gonna pay if like it reaching 50-60meters.

Currently my gun is a G&P mk18
                Current upgrades include:
                - madbull python barrel
                - prommy purple bucking
                (Although those won't matter with r hop coming in)

- SHS pistons
                - SHS HT motor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Take your time to install your new barrel / bucking. If youve got a good hop unit youll notice that the bucking can be a right b1tch to to get in and fully home, which is good as it means theres no space between the barrel and hop unit of which a good airseal normally ensues.

You need to almost massage the bucking fully home as you dont want it to be stretched, deformed or mis aligned with the hop unit nub window (not an issue with R / S / flat hop). Likewise make sure the barrel is aligned and locked down well by the C clip.

Theres loads of tech vids out there on air seal, so once youve got your new barrel / bucking in there move onto nozzle-to-bucking seal.
                  Although some buckings are generally considered epic, it dosnt apply to all guns, pretty much every make and model of gun has a slightly different nozzle and so by testing various buckings you can hunt out the best nozzle seal, this is especially good on R / S hop as you dont actually need the bucking for backspin / hop duties.

- - - Updated - - -

On quite a few guns ive hunted out upto 12fps on nozzle seal alone.

Comment

I have fitted the guarder clear and the Prometheus and I'm having double feeding issues,

Any idea what it could be?

- - - Updated - - -

Wasn't sure if the barrel was 100% compatible? Or something else I've
                    Missed

Comment

If you take the barrel and hop unit out together as a complete assy, hold the hop unit vertically, barrel pointing down, place a BB on the bucking lips.
                      If it falls straight through this may be your issue, if it sits on the top and needs to be pushed through then possibly your barrel isnt fully home in the hop unit.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

trigger happy Find out more about trigger happy
                      Working...
                      X