TAG shells using CO2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TAG shells using CO2

Hi all, has any one used CO2 in there launcher shells, i bought one of the FiST CO2 bulb filling gizmos and it completly destroyed one of the dummy pecker rounds (blew it to little bits), the launcher itself was fine. Is there a certain pressure they are designed to be used at as there is no mention on the web site ,basicaly just says put a bulb in and fill the launcher tube?
    Cheers Dave

Re: TAG shells using CO2

They do tubes for green gas and co2, I would guess the differences are in the pressure that each can store and it could have an impact to the rounds.

Was it the launcher that blew it to bits, or the landing/what it hit that did the damage?
    sigpic

Comment

If you use the version 1 tag shells you should not use co2 in any form only normal gas,the version 2 shells are designed purely for co2 and won't work on normal gas it's why you need the fist gizmo to charge them. I've found this this is from my own experience with both types of their shells and trying different types of gas.
      I've also found that some of the new rounds are a very tight fit a bit to tight in my opinion tbh

Comment

Having done quite a bit of testing in the early days of TAGs i found that CO2 on a V1 shell was pushing the limits of the actual rounds and shell. I think the instructions did mention not using CO2 (or at least it was mentioned somewhere) but i was deliberately seeing what the limits were. Using a Madbul adjustable CO2 adapter i first tried 800psi and that was ok but once it got to 900+ the shell would either jam and was a right PITA to release - aswell as being somewhat bloody scary - or the round would disintegrate. To be fair the range on propane was generally too far anyway and CO2 was a reasonable extra distance but not worth the jams and disintegration.

B->

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

snoopholly Find out more about snoopholly
        Working...
        X