GBBR help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GBBR help

Hi guys, I have a nice KWA Mega Arms GBBR and was I wanted to know whats the best silicone/grease to clean it with, I know not to use real steal stuff, if anybody could tell me what kind to buy and clean the rifle with would be great, I currently have concentrated silicone lubricant and dont know if I should use it.

Re: GBBR help

On GBBR I do use real gun oil on the metal to metal moving surfaces. Just be careful to not get it on any of the rubber seals or hop rubber.

For the rubber seals and hop rubber then I use Abbey or Nuprol silicon spray.

I tend to avoid greases (including Frog Lube) on my GBBRs
    Away from UK until June / July. Happy to still buy but sales will be harder due to not being home.

Wanted:
    VFC 416c, 416d, 417 GBBR
    VFC 416c, 416d AEG
    HERA arms Glock chassis

Comment

So real gun oil would be fine for the barrel, and inside the reciever, trigger etc?

Comment

You want silicone oil for the sealing parts like o rings, mag valves etc and for the metal on metal parts use a good teflon/ptfe spray. I use one for motorbike chains. It's a dry spray (dries on the surface after a few seconds) and seems to work well. An example of this is an old we g18c. If you cycled the slide quickly it would work fine, but if you pulled it back and slowly let it come forward, it would get hung up and stick half way open. A quick spray in the slide and it's like silk

Comment

Nooooooooooo....... Do not oil the inside of the barrel.

Give it a dry wipe with some clean tissue.

If it is metal and it moves - oil.
          If it is rubber and it seals / contacts - silicone.

Oil the the trigger mech to your hearts content but ideally you want to do the outside of the bolt, anywhere the outside of the bolt touches and I do the charging handle and its runner.

Oiling the inside of the barrel can leave a residue which gets picked up by the BB causing inconsistency with shots. Most barrels are brass so shouldn't rust. If you desperately feel the urge to oil your barrel (make your own jokes) then do it when you put the gun away and clean it all off the day before you go shooting.
          Away from UK until June / July. Happy to still buy but sales will be harder due to not being home.

Wanted:
          VFC 416c, 416d, 417 GBBR
          VFC 416c, 416d AEG
          HERA arms Glock chassis

Comment

Superlube with PTFE is great stuff, safe on seals and works fine on metal to metal contact, it's all I ever use on my steel pistols and GBBR'S

Comment

Maintenance
              To keep everything running smoothly this is all you need to do;

- Daily lube all METAL ON METAL areas with Express gun oil, it stays put, keeps moisture out and stops premature metal wear...oh and smells great.
              You can get this online or from any local gun shop.

- Daily lube the piston head seal with silicone oil, Abbey or similar is good, i prefer Gold cup oil as it lasts longer.
              If you ever find during extended use your pistol doesnt cycle fully chances are your piston head seal has run dry, this only happens when using certain low lube gases. EG Abbey Brut / neat propane etc.

- Clean the bore of the inner barrel as you would an AEG

- Always store your mags with gas in, this is the best way of preventing leaky mag syndrome and periodically lube the gas route seal with silicone oil.

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/attachmen...7&d=1462914755

Use gas that contains light silicone - like Abbey Predator, itll keep things going nicely and contrary to what some people think that little bit of lube in the gas is no detriment to accuracy and consistency.
              I happily shot a guy through a window at 50M with my 4 year old TM P226 last weekend.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MrStalker Find out more about MrStalker
              Working...
              X