TM Desert Eagle Guarder Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM Desert Eagle Guarder Kit

Has anyone got any experience of the metal kit for the TM Deagle? I just picked up a stock one on here and am absolutely loving it, but am so used to metal guns that it feels weird. Before I waste most of my saved up cash, I'm trying to get some info on it.

Does it give a noticeable FPS drop?
    How much extra gas will it use (and will I need the high flow valve to go with it)?
    Can it handle stronger gas? (I use NUPROL green, but open to red)
    And of course, how much better does it feel with the kit?

Thanks in advance!

Re: TM Desert Eagle Guarder Kit

I have. A chrome one.

Its not for skirmishing. I run MAP gas on this and it 'wallops' nicely when shot.

The gun is really a collectors piece with the kit on unless you use high power gas and its a hot environment. Then you realise a stock Marui G17 will perform better, feel more nimble, and be simpler to operate in a skirmish situation and buy one of those aswell/instead.

Keep yours stock if you hope to use it in a shoot.

Comment

Most require a lot of filing and small adjustments to fit correctly due to the quality control not being great.

Comment

There's bound to be someone who's going to whinge about me posting here, just because people know that mine's gold plated but whatever Sue me, I'm posting it again.

I've got two of them here, one black and one gold. With high flow valves in the magazines, the FPS on mine is still around 310-350 average (depending on temperature, I always use green gas).
        It'll use pretty much the same amount of gas, but I highly recommend high flow valves.
        Can it handle stronger gas? I'd say yes, as long as you get a 150% recoil spring.
        And how much better does it feel? A whole lot, and still very much skirmishable.

Here is the black one (pardon the shite quality image)

And of course, the gold one. This one isn't skirmishable.

Comment

Kodiak, you said it's still skirmish friendly, but the others aren't. Do you go to warm sites or something to keep it that way? I live near Manchester and would want to be able to use it during the winter (to a limited amount) so want to know its limitations...

Comment

Gold one would scratch easily so I don't use it. Play at various places, it gets a little slower in winter but with high flower valves and probably a better hammer spring, it'd operate a bit more reliably. Plus a Guarder polycarb loading muzzle

Comment

Kodiak how did u gold plate one as want to do the same to mine as got a thing for gold guns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There are places you can get it done, but personally I wouldn't recommend it. You'll be paying at least a few hundred quid for a gun you won't be able to skirmish Unless you're fine with scratching the crap out of it.

Comment

That's cool mate I got a 24k gold plated 1911 so would look the nuts together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've got one and its great. My kit went together with no hassle . You have to get the sights separately as they are not in the kit. I run it on Black, so I replaced the hammer block with a steel CNC one as the original ones are prone to crack. I never reload without regassing and then only 15 rounds so I ensure maximum function when I shoot it!!

Comment

As long as you upgrade the interior components to match like the nozzle, cylinder, recoil springs valve knocker and
                      Spring as well as a high output valve and barrel they work brilliantly and are skirmishable! I know I built one from scratch and am doing it again next week.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Swalka Find out more about Swalka
                      Working...
                      X