what gives TM such good range?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what gives TM such good range?

Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me I have recently traded my TM416D with a Polarstar and now I wsh to upgrade it to get the range I had with the TM how do I achieve this? Is it the hop chamber as I've heard of people ripping out most iternals of a TM except for that. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
    Chris

Re: what gives TM such good range?

It's often joked as the tm fairy dust.

Realistically it's down to the quality and consistency of the parts, engineering and rubber in the hops.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by emergencychimp View Post
      Realistically it's down to the quality and consistency of the parts, engineering and rubber in the hops.
      Which basically boils down to the same old;
      -Perfected nozzle to hop unit alignment
      -Very good airseal
      -Solidly mounted parts and supported inner barrel
      -Lots of trial and testing to arrive at the perfect setup

Comment

That said, their AEG stuff is very good out of the box, but not difficult to match and exceed with tuning when using other brand guns etc.
        Their GBB stuff however is exceptional, KWA and GHK get very close in IMO but TM just pips them when it comes to consistency, efficiency and longevity.

What polarstar platform you using and what are you building it into?

Comment

TM invented hop-up...
          Feedback Thread: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=29778

Comment

Its because in Japan, where theyre made, its considered dishonourable and brings shame upon the worker, the workers family, his children and his childrens children for at least 7 generations if they make a shoddy product. In fact legend has it that the quality assurance department at the TM factory has an emergency katana mounted on the wall so any worker who misses a faulty product can save his family's honour by committing seppuku.

Wheras the Chinese clones by comparison are DITTY MAO, BUILD NOW, YOU BUILD NOW, WE HAVE SHIPPING CONTAINER TO FILL! IT NO WORK? WHO CARE! FILL CONTAINER!

Comment

It's a gen 3 fusion 2 gearbox it shoots lovely at the minute. I was going to build it into the L199A1

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

exnoll33 Find out more about exnoll33
              Working...
              X