MOSFET Installed = PROBLEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOSFET Installed = PROBLEM

Finally got some spare time back at home so I decided to install this Nano SSR fet that i got a while back. I'm not very techy but I managed to install it and get the gearbox closed back up, but when I test fired it, the fuse went.

It's weird because when I remove the motor from the grip, it spins freely seemingly with no issues when I connect the battery and pull the trigger. I have also checked the MOSFET and my battery and both are still working.

Only thing I can think is that there is a dodgy connection to the motor and when it's in the grip and the wires are bent to connect the motor and fit inside the grip, it shorts the circuit

The mosfet has two cables going to the trigger contact, with another two wires connected from the MOSFET to the motor. They then pass through the fet and into my battery. I'm using a Nano SSR, with a 7.4V LIPO and stock G&G Motor (my SHS has broken and I'm waiting on the replacement)

Anyone able to tell me if I've done anything wrong?

Re: MOSFET Installed = PROBLEM

Evening!

I assume you already have but double check your connections and polarity.

I take it you have wired it as they describe in the manual "b) Installation of NanoSSRwith replacement of wires"

http://gatee.eu/images/gate/instrukcje/nanossr-en.pdf

Silly question but what size fuse are you running?
    Are you sure the gearbox turns freely?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

C-Dawg Find out more about C-Dawg
    Working...
    X