Back up gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back up gun

My recoil is heading order h for a service, she while it's away for a couple of months I need something to plug the gap. Still a bit cold for a gas gun, so AEG wise, what will make a decent out the box M4 based option?

( I have a bunch of AEG M4 mags to use. Hence M4)
    I was thinking about kryrec spr? But open to other people's thoughts?

Re: Back up gun

if its just a 'back up' gun which is only ever used in emergencies....id just go for a cheap and cheerful G&G combat machine. Wont hurt your bank balance and with a few small tweaks like a new hop rubber if you really want you can have a back up for less than £150. Krytacs, whilst some people rave about them, are just an M4. Theres nothing particularly special about them, so is it worth the extra £200 odd to have a small built in mosfet and a metal body?
    sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

Another recoil?

Comment

Back up gun

Originally posted by Caldymoose View Post
        if its just a 'back up' gun which is only ever used in emergencies....id just go for a cheap and cheerful G&G combat machine. Wont hurt your bank balance and with a few small tweaks like a new hop rubber if you really want you can have a back up for less than £150. Krytacs, whilst some people rave about them, are just an M4. Theres nothing particularly special about them, so is it worth the extra £200 odd to have a small built in mosfet and a metal body?
        I haven't owned a Krytac myself but I highly doubt a mosfet and a metal body is the only significant difference between a Krytac and a G&G CM...

Krytacs, although over praised by a lot of people, are highly recommended and considered well worth the money as well as one of the best out of the box guns. (Reputations can be over hyped but in this case it seems Krytacs earnt its popularity)

I'm guessing OP would like to buy a gun and not have to tinker with it, hence he's thinking krytac.

Plus I think running a TM recoil then switching to a G&G CM would probably feel rather disappointing, not only externally but performance wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Any Classic Army will serve you just fine.

Even a pre-owned one is likely to keep on trucking.
          Away from UK until June / July. Happy to still buy but sales will be harder due to not being home.

Wanted:
          VFC 416c, 416d, 417 GBBR
          VFC 416c, 416d AEG
          HERA arms Glock chassis

Comment

Get a shottie and enjoy the change of pace.
            Originally posted by Lt. Macka
            big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Too much emphasis is being placed on Gucci brand m4's, I'm with Caldymoose on this, if its a back up gun, essentially a cheaper replacement while his fave gat is serviced etc, then why not a cm or similar, after all they all do is propel bb's at around site limits.
              Although, if looking to spend upwards of £150, why not consider a "different" alternative ?, maybe a bullpup capable of taking m4 mags, uar/tar/pdr-c etc ?.

Comment

I got rid of all my standard aegs once I got my recoil. And I'm now saving for a backup recoil. I wouldn't want a standard aeg now . I think a shotty is a good call or a mk23 , cheap and cheerful. Both guns I have in tow with the recoil.

Comment

If it doesn't have to be an m4, I'd highly reccomend a jg G36c. I bought one for my brother to play from Poland. Cost £90, threw a £8 maple leave bucking in it and it's throwing them out just as far as my recoil (which has caused me more problems in the month I've owned it than the G36c has ever. It's never given either of us an ounce of trouble. Is it externally beautiful? Not really. Is it a ROF machine with immense recoil? No. But it spits a bb out a long way in hail rain or snow.

Comment

I really regret trading my TM M870 Breacher (Coski, if you're reading...fancy selling it?!) and I can heartily recommend how fun they are to use. They do have a bit of 'fear factor' about them too; no-one wants to be on the receiving end of them...
                    Wanted - Western Arms Beretta M1934 GBB

Comment

I personally would suggest another recoil.

If your current one is being upgraded I can almost guarantee you will have issues with again sooner than a stock tm, even if worked on by a good tech.

It'll then act as a good alternative to your main, for when attending different sites etc and be a great loaner for friends, rather than a £150 poor alternative that hides in the back of a cupboard.
                      sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

shamus5178 Find out more about shamus5178
                      Working...
                      X