Does the airsoft team still thrive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the airsoft team still thrive?

When down at GZ the other sunday, overheard some chaps talking of the demise of "the team".

It does seem that most of the people that frequent that particular site seem to be all strangers in a crowd.

Wondered if teams are still out there and if so, is there much about for them to participate in.

Re: Does the airsoft team still thrive?

I'm In a team. Team punisher airsoft, 60 people on the Facebook page but roughly 7-10 travel and there's around another 10-20 who only play gz, the rest are just interested in reviews, social side, although I do end up going to my local often on my own, but I know a lot of people and also Marshall there too. Airsofting with mates is a lot more fun if done with mates, but I have to admit can be done on your own too with much excitement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Must admit i'd prefer to play in a team, hence my interest as to whether their still around i guess.

I'm not a runner so prefer to play a support dmr role but that has its drawbacks if your on your tod.

Comment

We are allways at gz mate your more than welcome to come tag along with us 100%, there's a few of us who like to snipe and others who assault and even some support gunners, if your an active player message me when your down to play and come say hi, heck you may even become one of us! I won't be down for April I don't think, possibly the 22nd or may 14th but others will be there for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Appreciate the invite. Will be down there more now work has calmed down. This sunday for sure. Have some new guns to range in.

Comment

The team I'm in the steel wolves (I say team but it's more of a coming together of like minded pisstakers !) has been around for over 9yrs now , a couple have come and gone over the yrs but theres 3 of us who've been there since the very beginning but we've always had around 7 members at a time . We're all comm'ed up we try to match loadouts for the game day and then away to go , we'll meet up at the game site , shoottheshit , have a good laugh and play a bit of Airsoft as a by the by ! This isn't intended to sound bigheaded but we have been together for so long we all know each others playing style like the back of our hands so on the rare occasion we do actually switch on we're dam good at what we're doing .
            So for me the whole 'team' idea is very much alive .
            From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

Originally posted by druid799 View Post
              The team I'm in the steel wolves (I say team but it's more of a coming together of like minded pisstakers !) has been around for over 9yrs now , a couple have come and gone over the yrs but theres 3 of us who've been there since the very beginning but we've always had around 7 members at a time . We're all comm'ed up we try to match loadouts for the game day and then away to go , we'll meet up at the game site , shoottheshit , have a good laugh and play a bit of Airsoft as a by the by ! This isn't intended to sound bigheaded but we have been together for so long we all know each others playing style like the back of our hands so on the rare occasion we do actually switch on we're dam good at what we're doing .
              So for me the whole 'team' idea is very much alive .
              Liking your style. I agree the best teams/ clubs are those that form as friends first. I used to help run a car club with the same ethos. Those of us that had been friends for years still get on well now, even after the cars were replaced with kids. We would have to get fully used to someone before they were invited to join and i wouldn't expect any less from a team i was interested in. Its a social thing after all.

Comment

I have a group of mates that regularly skirmish together (at least once a month) with a main fireteam of 4 that always turn up. We all started of as mates through games, drinking, drinking games (you get the picture) and are all like-minded. We've recently started bringing more friends along who borrow our kit to see if they like it. Some do, some don't as you can imagine. The 4 of us that always play together had a cracking weekend skirmish, possibly the most enjoyable to date. Our team is well and truly set and will be playing for a good while yet.

I've also just joined a milsimming team for the longer, more simulating weekend and that was after posting on here asking if there were any teams local to me that needed a member.

I also see other groups/teams playing together on a regular basis who you getting know.

So in response, from my experience, there are plenty of teams around 👍

ERROR 404 comment not found

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

thesnailfarmer One time illustrator and artist, now professional vehicle restorer for far too many years. Find out more about thesnailfarmer
                Working...
                X