free upgrades to bolt action rifles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• free upgrades to bolt action rifles

Hi all, with my wedding due in less than a month I was wondering, what upgrades can be done to bolt action rifles for free?

Im currently using the WELL L96 and my future plan is to install the ASPUK kit but obviously the outlay is a bit much atm, so I was hoping to get the fps around the 480/500 mark, improve seal would be my guess using T'rex tape? stabilise the barrel... this I don't know how to do or where to start, I know about spacers but they cost a bit don't they?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers.
    Dead or alive....your coming with me

Re: free upgrades to bolt action rifles

Nothing is free in airsoft, you can use electrical tape to space out your barrel but it isn't as effective as paying out around £12 for spacers. Unsure what t'rex tape is but PTFE tape seals good as is very very cheap, hope your wedding day is a good one mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No you're right nothing is free, i think i was being a tad hopeful haha.

£12 for spacers isn't bad at all, think i should get some i even considered getting expanding foam and spraying down the inside of the OUTER barrel, may be a crazy idea though haha.
      Dead or alive....your coming with me

Comment

I've done a few bolt actions up in my time , and while nothing on earth is 100% , there's a few bits you can do to ensure you are making the most of what you have without new parts being introduced.
        I have 2 Maruzen Type96's , assuming that WELL haven't messed around with copying , my suggestions would be as below:

Make sure the piston is sealing 100% - I would do this by cocking the rifle with the barrel group removed , place a finger over the cylinder head and pull the trigger. If the air is saying in the cylinder , great! If you hear a 'juddering' or the piston plain ol' hits the head - no great! I fix / improve air seal you can use PFTE tape around the cylinder head & ensure the O ring on the piston is in good condition ( a new one is a cheap trip to a hardware store )
        Moving on to the barrel group, I would say the best thing to do is clean the living daylights out of the stock barrel, Hot water works well if we are aiming for 'free' ! In additional to a good clean , wrapping 2 - 3 layers of PFTE tape around the bucking or rubber to ensure good seal .
        They would be my top tips , one thing to remember on L96's . When you do upgrade , if you change the hop you will probably have to get an AEG spec barrel and bucking to support it..

Good luck !

D

Comment

Supporting the barrel will help but do the seal on the cylinder head and bucking first.
          Cheap barrel spacers can be cable grommets.
          Put some on the barrel tip wirh the smallest closest to the tip and slide it down the outer. They should bind slightly on the outer as it tapers and find position.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

god84 Find out more about god84
          Working...
          X