KJW Ruger MK1 Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KJW Ruger MK1 Project

Hi guys, got a question, well two actually, recently picked up a bog standard kjw ruger mk1 nbb, want to make it a super quiet sniper sidearm, not had a chance to chrono it yet but I believe they generally run at around 400fps on green, I usually use propane so I'm expecting it to be considerably higher, planning to replace or cover outer barrel with a suppressor, but don't want to increase the length.
    Reading elsewhere I'm seeing two trains of thought, first is the spring that allows the "firing pin" to move, allowing gas to feed through, snipping or replacing the spring for a weaker one allows less gas through= hey presto lower fps.
    OR reducing the inner barrel length, & either replacing the outer barrel with a much shorter version, & allowing easy fitment of a stubby suppressor, or maybe drilling the stock outer barrel, like a Swiss cheese lol, & then sleeving it with a suitable modded suppressor.
    Thinking about one of the latter options, think it will allow more sound & waste gas to circulate in to the suppressor, but will reducing the inner barrel drop the fps enough, like to get it to 350 or less to be skirmishable.
    Your thoughts are appreciated, thanks in advance.
    Mark

About the Author

Collapse

tackle 53 & a bit fat now but still knackered. Find out more about tackle
Working...
X