Sportsmans association

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sportsmans association

I would like to know if anyone else has heard of this, if you are a member of the sportsmans association you have a valid defence to purchase a RIF, is this true, can anyone confirm this as I do not skirmish as there are no sites close to me but I do collect them so this would be great for me, cheers tommo

Re: Sportsmans association

Originally posted by wolfman70 View Post
    I would like to know if anyone else has heard of this, if you are a member of the sportsmans association you have a valid defence to purchase a RIF, is this true, can anyone confirm this as I do not skirmish as there are no sites close to me but I do collect them so this would be great for me, cheers tommo
    I don't think this is right as I've never seen this as a valid defence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A quick google confirmed to me the SA is, an association bringing together real steel shooters & fighting for their continued rights to do so.
      Membership doesn't guarantee any rights to purchase rifs, so I'm gonna agree that it's not a "good" defence, but that's not to say a private seller wouldn't accept it, only that a retailer would be unlikely, unless you could also show you were a legit fac holder, which may be enough to sway opinion in some retailers.
      IMHO
      Mark

Comment

Specific defences applying to the offence under s. 36

(1)It shall be a defence for a person charged with an offence under section 36 in respect of any conduct to show that the conduct was for the purpose only of making the imitation firearm in question available for one or more of the purposes specified in subsection (2).
        (2)Those purposes are—
        (a)the purposes of a museum or gallery;
        (b)the purposes of theatrical performances and of rehearsals for such performances;
        (c)the production of films (within the meaning of Part 1 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 (c. 48)_see section 5B of that Act);
        (d)the production of television programmes (within the meaning of the Communications Act 2003 (c. 21)_see section 405(1) of that Act);
        (e)the organisation and holding of historical re-enactments organised and held by persons specified or described for the purposes of this section by regulations made by the Secretary of State;
        (f)the purposes of functions that a person has in his capacity as a person in the service of Her Majesty.
        (3)It shall also be a defence for a person charged with an offence under section 36 in respect of conduct falling within subsection (1)(d) of that section to show that the conduct—
        (a)was in the course of carrying on any trade or business; and
        (b)was for the purpose of making the imitation firearm in question available to be modified in a way which would result in its ceasing to be a realistic imitation firearm.
        (4)For the purposes of this section a person shall be taken to have shown a matter specified in subsection (1) or (3) if—
        (a)sufficient evidence of that matter is adduced to raise an issue with respect to it; and
        (b)the contrary is not proved beyond a reasonable doubt.
        (5)The power of the Secretary of State to make regulations under this section shall be exercisable by statutory instrument subject to annulment in pursuance of a resolution of either House of Parliament.
        (6)That power includes power—
        (a)to make different provision for different cases;
        (b)to make provision subject to such exemptions and exceptions as the Secretary of State thinks fit; and
        (c)to make such incidental, supplemental, consequential and transitional provision as he thinks fit

- - - Updated - - -

I know it's a bit dry, but that above is the LAW. You will note that airsoft is not even mentioned. That comes under 6 b whdre the Secretary of State allows us to play.

Re-enactors have a more solid defence than airsofters.
        Away from UK until June / July. Happy to still buy but sales will be harder due to not being home.

Wanted:
        VFC 416c, 416d, 417 GBBR
        VFC 416c, 416d AEG
        HERA arms Glock chassis

Comment

image.jpg

Lol, I can't be the only one surely.

Comment

I also been Sportsmans association member for a few years and only some shops accept it.

At first I was just collecting and all I did was just email the shops you want to use and see what they say.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

wolfman70 43 year old gun nut Find out more about wolfman70
            Working...
            X