Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP5k purchase

Morning,

Got the opportunity of one of these as sniper back up secondary at a really good price and wondered about various makes (TM, Umerex, CYMA, JG?). I'll find out today which it is hopefully but anything to look out for/avoid? I'd like to keep it fairly compact and might look to upgrade a few internals.

Cheers

Re: MP5k purchase

Despite not having a metal receiver, the TM is the original and is the better quality of the bunch, so if you can grab one of those for cheap then go for that.

Internals compatibility - it's a V3 gearbox, so asides from the proprietary nozzle and selector plate, the rest is standard V3 - a solid base box. Huge upgrade potential.

7.4v 1300mah stick lipo will fit in, and in conjunction with a rear wired FET will do wonders to even stock performance for next to no money - The MP5k by poor wiring design has quite a lot of room for improvements

Externals - The CA receiver is designed for the TM MP5k, it was an original aftermarket part before CA decided to make a complete model themselves.
    dsgdreamteam

Comment

Re: MP5k purchase

Thanks mate, it's a CA one so I'll be after a new upper receiver and might well go for a TM one for a lighter sniper support weapon.

Great news on the stick lipos, I have a few of those - any particular mosfet you would recommend for it?

Looking forward to the new project gun now having finished my VSR-10

- - - Updated - - -

Would this fit?

https://www.************.co.uk/product/ics-mx5-mp5-aluminium-metal-receiver

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Reaperman Find out more about Reaperman
      Working...
      X