Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

9MM Molle Blank Holder - expressions of interest and opinions welcome!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9MM Molle Blank Holder - expressions of interest and opinions welcome!

Hi.

So after fiddling around one too many times with pockets and 9mm blanks for my BFG, I designed a 9mm Blank holder that carries 6 rounds, protects the primers and allows easy access to the ammunition. It is designed to slip through 2-4 webbing loops from the top and be held in place by gravity, friction and a little lip on the lower half of the clip.

I've printed quite a few now in PLA on a Flashforge Finder printer, I'm wondering. I anyone has any ideas on improvements and also if anyone would like one.

If you would like one, how much would you be willing to pay for one delivered?

I'm just testing the water here, I've never produced anything like this before, I'm not a professional (well, not at this anyhow)

Comments, opinions, expressions of interest and pricing ideas welcome!

Re: 9MM Molle Blank Holder - expressions of interest and opinions welcome!

Nothing because 9mm aren't allowed at many sites.

209s are more popular and cheaper.

Next I wouldn't store them outside a container because of the small off chance they get hit by a BB.

Considering I've been hit by a BB which travelled through a tent, a 2p sized hole another tent and then hit the tip of my nose (the only unprotected part of my face)... this low chance isn't low enough.

Comment

Originally posted by KenIchikawa View Post
      Nothing because 9mm aren't allowed at many sites.
      Have to disagree with you there mate , in 16 plus yrs of playing I've never played at a site that didn't allow 9mm's , 12 gauge ? Yes at prity much every site I've been too but 9mm ? Nope never.
      And as to the original question, I'd say £6-8 all in would be a fair asking price .
      From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

Thanks Druid, and I've never played at a site where 9mm wasn't allowed either.

I also know what it takes to set off a 9mm primer and a 6mm BB plastic won't do it no matter how fast it is travelling

Comment

Lol, gotta agree, never seen a 9mm ban, & odds on one being triggered by a bb, gotta be easier to win the lotto jackpot.
          Be funny though if they did, would stop people denying Their hits

Comment

4 indoor CQB sites around me don't allow 9mm they allow 209 only. Perhaps most ought to be qualified as most near me.

In regards to winning the lottery with a lucky shot. I've had numerous lottery winning shots (mostly at me).

Comment

Lol, clearly your just super lucky like that

Comment

Another awesome thread derail! a BB will not set off a 9mm blank. Lol.

Comment

How well do they hold blanks in place?

Its a very nice idea, though personally I dont know if Id buy one, I just have a generic small utility pouch as a grenade pouch on my carrier that holds the BGF, blanks, reloading tool etc.

Comment

I like the idea, I've only ever owned/used an old style dynatec, not exactly known for speedy reloads, but I could see how your holder with be handy when using the new generation of multi-shots.

Comment

It holds them tight enough that tapping it on a table repeatedly to try and free them won't work, you have to push them through with a finger then there's enough to grab with a finger and thumb.

I think I'd like to get a few out into the wild and get some feedback, I'm not minted though so I can't give them away and pay postage and production costs but I don't intend to make a business out of this, just cover some costs.

I'll produce ten of them and see what I can find postage wise, if I can get them second class large letter then I'll be able to keep them under a tenner.

Comment

Ps. I have a dynatec and a now unfortunately rare alphatec hex.

Best thing I did on the dynatec was drill a hole in the reset tool, fit a key ring and thread my Molle into it so I can fold it into my chest carrier, so much easier.

Now a BFG reset tool on a lanyard with a blank holder.....

Comment

Love it one or two local indoor sites don't allow so becomes a national ban !
                          talk about escalating Chinese whispers ! Lol fair play atleast you did sort off back up your claim .

Originally posted by Eradicus View Post
                          Now a BFG reset tool on a lanyard with a blank holder.....
                          OR can you add a channel to the side of your blank holder that you could slide the re-set tool in too ?
                          Like you see on a some plastic knife sheaves for a ferro rod ?
                          From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

Now we're talking. I think a clip would work better than a channel, especially as I'll be printing it not casting. Great idea though.

Worth consideration as a version 2!

Comment

Originally posted by Eradicus View Post
                              Hi.

So after fiddling around one too many times with pockets and 9mm blanks for my BFG, I designed a 9mm Blank holder that carries 6 rounds, protects the primers and allows easy access to the ammunition. It is designed to slip through 2-4 webbing loops from the top and be held in place by gravity, friction and a little lip on the lower half of the clip.

I've printed quite a few now in PLA on a Flashforge Finder printer, I'm wondering. I anyone has any ideas on improvements and also if anyone would like one.

If you would like one, how much would you be willing to pay for one delivered?

I'm just testing the water here, I've never produced anything like this before, I'm not a professional (well, not at this anyhow)

Comments, opinions, expressions of interest and pricing ideas welcome!

Sounds interesting. If you can keep it £10 or under inc p&p I'd be up for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Eradicus Find out more about Eradicus
                              Working...
                              X