Pleasent Suprises in airsoft.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pleasent Suprises in airsoft.

Just reading through a (very) old post about the biggest waist of money spent on airsoft kit.
    So thought I'd do a post on pleasant surprises! Bits of kit that you've purchased and actually been happy with!
    I've bought lots of accessories/parts and so-called "upgrade" parts over the years and the majority of the time I've
    Thought what a load of "cra*p" how can airsoft companies charge so much for rubbish!

I made a guarder kit desert eagle yesterday and was really surprised that everything just fitted and worked, no mods, no filling, no sanding or polishing required. It just fitted together nicely and worked from the first shot, which supprised me a lot as the last one of these I made was a complete nightmare.

I also traded a used kimber 1911 That was sitting around for a KJW m4 a few months ago, turns out to be one of the best performing gas M4's I've ever used! Much more fun then a G&P woc, Inokatsu or WE. It's consistent reliable and
    Easy as hell to maintain! Happy days!

So post below what's given you a decent surprise in airsoft!

Re: Pleasent Suprises in airsoft.

The strange situation when you have a 50-50.

They don't argue that they had shot the other person first.

No no they argue that they had been hit first to the other person.

Weirdest situation I had in a close combat role. Couple people talking no it was me. No it was me. I resolved this by tossing a grenade in their proximity :D

Comment

Originally posted by KenIchikawa View Post
      The strange situation when you have a 50-50.

They don't argue that they had shot the other person first.

No no they argue that they had been hit first to the other person.
      I often do this, as I gripe so much if I see a deliberate and constant cheat, that i'm always dead keen, to prove that I'm not one myself...After all, it's avoiding being hit that makes the game fun, if you're not going to take it when you are, you may as well not be there.
      "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

A lot of the time the pleasant surprise is the camaraderie and friendliness at my local site combat action games.
        Genuinely a good bunch of regular players who are always will to help and advise each other.
        There's a general air of respect with good hit taking and most players even taking the dubious hits where your not sure if it was a ricochet, or even a twig.

Comment

cant say that i have ever been surprised by anything that iv brought , be it expensive or cheap, kinda sad really lol, .. saying that i do remember one purchase actually!! brought a viper spec ops chest rig , was nicely priced for what i got...

Comment

It's something that almost never happens in recent years, there are so many companies out there that are just playing the middle men, selling junk with their name on it and charging a premium, most of the time not even realising it's junk, or otherwise finding some other crude way to justify the insane prices.

Most decent products don't actually cost near what the poor quality ones retail for over here.
            Internal parts market is just one area that is completely saturated with high price junk and rebrands - The potential for reliable decent performance is actually not that difficult, nor does it have to be expensive as some would have you believe.

Deep research is key to buying the right thing, making sure that the person reviewing the product is not being paid and has a reputation for being genuinely knowledgeable, honest and clear. The UK is particularly bad for sales since everyone is tight here but their also all professionals at everything and seemingly keep that term to hand to buy and sell their products.
            The reality is for most people is that we don't mind paying a premium if its going to a decent product and funding the company or persons to devolop and improve its products rather than just lining the pockets of some supposed entrepreneurs that have played a few games and think they can cut a fast one on making a buck from a gullible market.
            dsgdreamteam

Comment

As a Collector, one AirSoft GBB I bought second hand off here within the last18 months was a KWA Mac 11 fitted with the G&P steel receiver. All I can say is - I can see why G&P were advised to cease production of that kit, because it really is the most realistic RIF I've purchased and easily the jewel of my AirSoft collection. The WE's and GHK's are good in what they make (obviously not a Mac) but they lack a little something - just a little - compared to that ime..

Comment

As people have said, for me the biggest pleasant surprise isn't really with the products, it's with the people.

Time after time I am surprised by new players, their sportsmanship, honesty, willingness to get stuck in.

The friendliness and trust of people on and off the field. I've witnessed someone lending a complete stranger an £800 gun to go out and play with, because they expressed an interest in the gun. Mags/batteries being lent to people not part of the team. BBs/gas being shared out in dead zones.

In a world where you can't leave your door unlocked, it is a welcome and pleasant surprise every time I witness this.

But, that's not what this thread is about :D

Comment

mine has got to be when i put my hand in my map pocket and found £15, hadn't worn the jacket in over a year, so quite a pleasant suprise.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzleflash View Post
                    As a Collector, one AirSoft GBB I bought second hand off here within the last18 months was a KWA Mac 11 fitted with the G&P steel receiver. All I can say is - I can see why G&P were advised to cease production of that kit, because it really is the most realistic RIF I've purchased and easily the jewel of my AirSoft collection. The WE's and GHK's are good in what they make (obviously not a Mac) but they lack a little something - just a little - compared to that ime..
                    I also own a mac11 with a g&p kit, it's crazy awesome! And looks amazing!
                    It actually works and is skirmishable which amazes me as they have such a bad rep!

Comment

Originally posted by bumhulio View Post
                      I also own a mac11 with a g&p kit, it's crazy awesome! And looks amazing!
                      It actually works and is skirmishable which amazes me as they have such a bad rep!
                      Apparently, when these kits were tested (by whatever authority??) they were found to be made of practically weapons grade steel - hence why, presumably, production ceased prematurely. I know the Mac's don't have a good reputation for skirmishing - jamming and spitting bb's out the faux ejection port etc - but mine seems to work well. The flute valve is key with these things and mine is fitted with the Wii Tech aluminium nozzle and enhanced flute valve which I recently sent back to their workshop in HK to be reconditioned.

Comment

I bought a Maruzen M870 from Yahoo Japan auctions years ago. Really nice gun with wood furniture. The gas efficiency was insanely good considering there was no real gas tank like the modern ones. Really surprised me.

Comment

One day last year I went airsofting and all my guns worked perfectly all day. Very pleasant surprise
                          Originally posted by Hawk
                          The P word again! You should say your love for airsoft 3 times and a holy Tokio Marui

Comment

Love it when that happens, find that when ever we go, one of my mates or on the very odd occasion, one of our guns will f up! Good when they all work!

Comment

I would say that my most recent Marui purchases have been really nice surprises:

Having owned an original TM M92F, I treated myself to a TM Detonics, which is just an animal to shoot. I thought to myself that TM have really upped their GBB game.

I then bought a TM P226E2 and a TM M9A1 in quick succession and they are just so fun to use. I have used them as primary's in some woodland games as their range and accuracy are spot on. They just feel 'right'. Nice weight, balance and snappiness.

I then, after trying out a EBB TM SCAR-H, sold two AEGs and bought a TM M4A1 MWS, and that gun just brings a smile to my face whenever I use it. I think it is just about as peak as airsofting can be. I have since sold two more AEGs and I can't imagine ever buying a gun that needs batteries again (okay, maybe a TM MAC 10).

The improvement in available gas options has certainly helped me come to this conclusion, mind.
                              Wanted - Western Arms Beretta M1934 GBB

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bumhulio what is this a dating site? Find out more about bumhulio
                              Working...
                              X