Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

G&G Firehawk flash hider - How does it work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G Firehawk flash hider - How does it work?

Hi, I've bought a spare G&G Firehawk flash hider to use on my other AEGs, however I'm not producing the same 'crack' sound that the Firehawk does, can anyone explain how to achieve the same sound on another AEG? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Re: G&G Firehawk flash hider - How does it work?

I think it's more of the short barrel&gun rather than the flash hider, did you buy a "sound amplifier"?
    The same as a g&p cracker, stupidly loud but very compact

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ah ok, I was afraid it would be that. Yeah I bought the flash hider from the zero one website, the product description/ title says it's an amplifier.

Comment

I'm not expert but it's what I think, hope you find a solution though mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Most of the "crack" from a Firehawk is due to over-voluming. The swept volume of the cylinder is far greater than the barrel volume, so when the air arrives at the end of the barrel it still has a lot of expansion to do; the sudden expansion creates noise, which the flash hider amplifies.

Comment

Is there any way to replicate this I another AEG?

Comment

Depending on the barrel length, you could fit a cylinder with a larger swept volume. However, this would probably result in the FPS changing so you might have to change the spring as well.

Comment

M4 bird cage flash hider
                  Wrap tape around the front outside should make it crack
                  If you place your hand/fingers AROUND the flash hider, try not to shoot your fingers, when you pull the trigger you should hear a much louder snap or crack

Small stubby suppressor, usually they come with both CCW & CW at the ends. Unscrew the tip/end and remove sponge & spring in installed. Pull trigger​ and should have a lot more snap sound to it

Be prepared to get shot more as these loud guns give away your position very accurately I feel plus if the enemy don't shoot you - your own team might as it can be a bit annoying all day long.

Yes it is nice loud crack, but can get on people's nerves and even the owner's nerves I found
                  Think covering a M4 bird cage flash hider is an easy way to announce your presence more

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dougie04 Find out more about Dougie04
                  Working...
                  X