Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Appropriate handicaps for exceptional players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appropriate handicaps for exceptional players?

So I took a friend to a skirmish. He's ex (non UK) military and quite simply he dominated the field almost taking out the entire opposing team alone.

He was using my AKS74U with irons.

I gave him a pistol with one mag and he pretty much did it again.

So what sort of handicaps or balance does everybody suggest? As I don't think it's particularly fun being on the other side.

Thanks

Re: Appropriate handicaps for exceptional players?

Why handicap him? why not get him to help you and your friends to become better? Then you have people on each team to balance the odds

Comment

Err why ? If he's that good , then after they had there arses handed to them the first time , perhaps if the other team had actually worked as a team (I know that's an action that's rarer than rocking horse s**t in Airsoft !lol) they 'mite' have lasted a bit longer against him ?
      Watch and evolve how you play , not handicap the winner .
      Talk about every one must win no ones allowed to loose , mite hurt there feelings !
      As a wise man once said "life ain't fair , so suck it up princess !"
      From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

None, if your lucky enough to be able to play well, obviously without cheating, then why should you be penalised.
        When I first started playing on a number of occasions other players described me as an "Airsoft god", praise indeed, mainly due to good tactical abilities & high level of fitness.
        But that was then, even I would describe my current playing style as mediocre, sure I'm tactically aware but serious health problems & subsequent weight gain has restricted my gameplay & playing style, which screws with your head when your thinking/mindset is keen to be the player I was.
        So turning your question around, if I'm struggling against younger fitter players, do I get a "free ass" to level the playing field ?.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol, that should say "free pass" not ass, that's not my bag baby.

Comment

I suppose I feel it's terribly unfair and probably discouraging for other players.

Sort of like video games where you're spawn killed time after time eventually flip their desk.

Comment

Originally posted by KenIchikawa View Post
            I suppose I feel it's terribly unfair and probably discouraging for other players.
            Sort of like video games where you're spawn killed time after time eventually flip their desk.
            Yes I can see your point mate and and totally understand where your coming from but I'm with Tackle on this , I'm an old and knackered ex-squaddie who over the past few yrs has seen his player abilitys curtailed by the consequences of my previous 'excesses' of life lol . But with out blowing my own trumpet when ever me and my team mates (who are also a bunch of knackered old barstuards as well) switch on we can dominate the games simply by working together , an action most other players seem totally unable to grasp the concept off .
            So again from my perspective your mate should keep it up and the others should at the least watch his military skills or even just ask his advice on how to improve there's ? .
            As ex-forces unless he's a total bellend I'm sure he'd be more than happy to pass on some hard earned skills .
            P.S. tackle , don't knock it till you tried it baby !
            From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

I used to be a "pro" sup air tournament sponsored Paintball player. I experienced this from the point of view of soloing a whole team of lads on a stag party and kids trying out the sport. When I moved to Airsoft, I found the same thing happening.
              However, the more I played the more I found the other teams, not just loosing, but becoming very upset and people actually going home early with a "Whats the point" attitude. It was fun at first to win so easily but when the other team is so badly beaten and demoralized, its legitimately not even fun to even play against them anymore and upsetting to see it in a way. Especially New players.
              I had to force myself to just play on the back lines and let others lead the way and only really play properly when I feel the other team is up to the task and both teams can have fun.
              My point is, this friend of yours needs to learn, like i had to. When to play as best he can, and when to just chill out and let everyone have fun. Otherwise I have found no one does. Thats just my 2cents on it. I hope it didnt sound big headed, just wanted to show the possible point of view of your friend.
              Tokyo Marui - Recoil 416
              Full Prometheus Internals --- BTC spectre --- Rhop --- EDGI barrel --- KOA Service

Tokyo Marui - L96 AWS
              Full PDI Internals --- Full Laylax/PDI externals --- Rhop --- EDGI barrel --- KOA Service

Comment

handi capping someone ? hell no... when i get shot , i dont think to myself "whats the point" and if its a good clean death then i appreciate that and applaud that player for it , i dont get down about it and anybody that does IMO needs to find a different hobby... if how ever the teams are totally unbalanced and your getting pushed back to restart points every time then surely thats down to the site marshalls to re arrange the teams accordingly but handicapping a person or even a team??, no ...infact thinking more on this , sundays game was kinda similar and it wasnt any where near as fun as it could of been but this wasnt down to a single player it was down to the attitudes of the teams, a few of my team m8s were mad on the objective like if they were getting a million £ for it and we had like 3 games that were done in under 10minutes! , seriously annoying...

Comment

I usually find that I'm more than enough of a handicap for any team I'm on...

Comment

Not entirely on topic, but I was once on a dominating team handing each and every one on the opposition their backside for a good hour of play.

It got to the point where we'd pushed them all the way back to their respawn. Almost every player except 2 threw in the towel, and to be honest I was discussing with a guy next to me that maybe we should withdraw to at least give them a fighting chance.

Then, something magical happened...

The two remaining slotted in fresh hi-caps, put their rear foot against the respawn barrel, and just let loose. It was arguably one of the funniest things I've ever seen in airsoft.
                    The two of them were taking every BB shot at them and were just giving it back, laughing like a pair of lunatics.

Now, the reason I throw this is is because there are always going to be imbalances, but it's the "i'm going home and taking my ball with me" attitude that screws it for everyone else.
                    The sides numbers get depleted, so they continue to get their cumulative asses kicked again and again.

It should be down to the team as a whole to get their act together and try to formulate some form of plan. It's always noted that players don't co-ordinate at a skirmish, but do anyone ever try to do anything about it?

More often than not, it's the teams working together that dominate.

Except in the case I mentioned above. Those two were heroes and it lifted everyone's spirits for the rest of the day.

Probably ex-Paras ;0)
                    Originally posted by andre the giant
                    ...most of us like a balance of shooting and drinking tea.

Comment

Lol paras ?, they're usually the first to spit their dummy out, having had it drummed in to them that they're the "Master Race" lol, & everybody else is an inferior craphat........ Their like Aussies, take losing badly.
                      I should know, I was an "inferior craphat falling plate"

Comment

I believe this is the reason why [some] sites tend to limit the number of experienced players for those that can be guaranteed are just starting the game. Some put of "newbie" nights and "young guns" nights in order that a relatively similar experience level can be achieved. When it comes to an open day however I think it's probably up to the individual to notice this trend int heir play after a game or two and volunteer themselves to switch sides or such like. This way the experience you describe of people leaving early because "what's the point" can easily be turned on its head to "I enjoy playing with this person and can learn something from him/her".
                        Such is the friendly nature of the game that we all wish to promote and I have often done this because I find it in the best interests of everyone - including the "dominators".
                        ASG Scorpion Evo 3, FAMAS SV, HiCapa 5.1 Custom
                        Team W.A.F.U
                        UK CQB Champions 2015 - https://youtu.be/H3Pa0DapyXQ

Comment

I play with my university most of the time, and we get players of various skill and confidence levels all the time, and I find the best way to level them out is to put them in a squad together and tell them that they have to stick together. The new players get someone telling them to push up and take group when they're still cautious of getting hit, and the "pros" get limited to working slower and protecting the other guys backs as the squad clears a building/area. Personally, I enjoy working as a squad more anyway and it makes sure everyone is enjoying themselves (plus I love shouting orders to people and organising squad manoeuvres etc)

Comment

If a whole team couldnt go against one guy and win, he was either A) cheating or B) the other team were frankly terrible.
                            Id certainly like to hope its B.
                            As an example, I helped run corporate days for a while and we had a team of about 15 guys, all were serving Royal Marines. My team? Yep, bunch of uni students and a couple of teachers, non of them had an iota of military experience or weapons handling experience. Guess what? After some practice and tactics change we battered the RM guys.

The other team needs to step back, re-assess and hit it a new way.
                            section 24 of the 1968 Act
                            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Usually if games are unbalanced here, myself and regulars will swap ourselves over.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
                              -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                              -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

KenIchikawa Find out more about KenIchikawa
                              Working...
                              X