Importing with a license but without Ukara

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing with a license but without Ukara

Hey have any of you had any experience at importing a gun through customs when you are a member of an airsoft site and not of Ukara?
    Also does anyone know when the Ukara database is coming back online? That's part of my problem here as I can't sign up to Ukara but I am a member of an airsoft site.

Re: Importing with a license but without Ukara

There is no such thing as an Airsoft licence.

Being an Airsoft skirmisher is an exemption allowing us to purchase RIFs.

UKARA is just one way of proving you are a skirmisher. Being registered with your local Airsoft site is another. As long as where you are registered is an actual Airsoft site (with insurance etc.), and not just what you and your mates call your garden at the weekend, you will be fine to import a RIF.
    L.T.F.D - All day every day.

Comment

That is true in theory; however, most customs staff only seem to know about UKARA.

Comment

I have heard it's offline because it's been hacked, don't know if that's true. I expect airsoft shops are losing some trade at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by colinjallen View Post
          That is true in theory; however, most customs staff only seem to know about UKARA.
          So long as you provide customs with your local skirmish site details and contact information you will have no problems. You will have complied with the law.

People seem to assume that customs are "out to get us" or are under instructions to destroy all toys guns instantly.

I've always found that Sending a detailed email explaining that I am only required to prove I am a skirmisher, along with which ever form of proof I decide to use, I have no problems with customs.
          L.T.F.D - All day every day.

Comment

Ah thanks Cornish, I too will be importing a rifle, my UKARA ran out at my old site especially as I played at a few others and now I play mainly woodland at a site near me, just haven't received my UKARA from them yet.

So im guessing I just need to get the chap that runs it to confirm im a skirmisher there?
            Dead or alive....your coming with me

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Shotgun Find out more about Shotgun
            Working...
            X