Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firing issues

Hey guy's

So just put some new gears, shimmed, new piston head, cylinder head, nozzle, hop, hop rubber and Tbb in my Ares Amoeba AM-014 Honey Badger.
    My issue i'm having now is that in either Semi or full auto selected i'm just getting 5 round burst then stops after about 20 BBs... leave it for a couple of mins and it'll carry on working again.

Not my 1st time doing upgrades etc but it's leading me to think it's maybe something to do with the EFCS board on the gun after having a programmer on it and made no difference.

Any thoughts and advice would be awesome. :'(

Re: Firing issues

Selector not engaging micro switch correctly? Damaged micro switch after rebuild? I'm assuming of course that there's an electronic trigger?

Comment

Or does that board have a thermal / auto reset fuse built in?

There may be too much draw on the motor from excess load in gbox

Comment

It is electronic trigger unit and i would have to check for these.

These answers are brilliant, given me something to look at. I double checked everything BUT the actual board so you guys might be onto a winner there.
        I'll take a look and get back with what i find.

Thanks

Comment

There is a magnet on sector gear, is that replaced on new sector/gear set
          and is the sensor detecting the magnet correctly ???

Comment

Hmmmm there was if i recall Sitting Duck.
            How would i know if it's reading it correctly?

Comment

Ok eventually got it stripped back down and Sitting Duck you were right about the magnet, there wasn't one on the new sector gear. Something i didn't notice which teaches me a lesson on doing late night fixing jobs.
              So all i need to do now is put the old one out of the old gear into this one but is there any after market magnets you can buy for these?

Comment

Great success!!

Comment

There are tiny little round neodym or rare earth magnets you can buy in various diameter discs

Clever stuff done by very clever people:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os2lJgx-OZ4

very impressive SHS DSG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annota...&v=PbXJn_lzA2E

make sure the magnet is flush and installed with the correct pole facing upwards
                  You probably don't want to go nuts on a DSG but you kind of get the idea about what is required
                  see if you use an existing hole in the sector - even if there is a bit of pre-cocking
                  otherwise you need to drill out a hole to get the magnet installed flush

Comment

the mod to SSG or normal gears....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annota...&v=Mw7sjapSJzo

but guess you have figured all this out by now

Comment

Thanks guys really appreciate it.
                      It was that i didn't put a new magnet in the sector gear... Totally forgot.
                      Bought some magnets of Ebay actually so iv'e got some future jobs too.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

CsNinja I've been a airsofter for about 6 years and still loving the buzz i get from a game and people. Find out more about CsNinja
                      Working...
                      X