Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

New Maple Leaf Hop Rubbers, is the sealing ring needed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Maple Leaf Hop Rubbers, is the sealing ring needed?

Hey all,
    I recently purchased a Maple Leaf 60* Autobot hop rubber from *******, when it arrived the packaging was sealed but the metal 'C' ring was missing. I contacted RW and was informed that ML often change around their packaging and what's included with their products, and to basically f*ck off. Apparently the ring is not something that can be purchased seperately so I'm stuck with a rubber which has the recess present to accept the ring, but no ring.
    So my questions are as follows, what is its job? Is it only needed on certain types of barrel/hop up unit?, Does anyone have any experience using these rubbers without the sealing ring? And should I mail ******* dog sh*t or Anthrax?
    Thanks,
    Sam.

Re: New Maple Leaf Hop Rubbers, is the sealing ring needed?

The "metal ring" is to help with creating a more sealed rubber, it isn't a necessity but would improve your weapons air tightness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah that was what I figured, I'll give it a try without and see if I can find an alternaltive ring maybe.

Comment

i had the same thing from them. get the feeling that they just go a load without them and were told to f*ck off by ML. as its a vsr one (i think they are the only ones that have the ring) and I'm putting it in an AA chamber i wasn't bothered....otherwise i would have sent it back.
        Real Sword SVD ¦ Cyma MP5K ¦ G&G GC16 M4 ¦ TM Hi Capa ¦ Tm MK23

Comment

I've fitted it in my WE M4, and I'm pretty damn happy with it, doesn't seem like the ring is needed at all in that application. Hops well, seal is excellent, it actually grips the nozzle slightly and retards its rearward travel for a moment till the friction is overcome.
          Still a mark against RW customer service but not a bad result for me personally.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

spamofthejungle Find out more about spamofthejungle
          Working...
          X