Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real steal headset

Hi guys,

I'm in process of buying real steal headset like Sordins or Peltor. I would like to get my hands on Comtac III but they are impassable to finde right now. I need some advice are guides from users here on forum some sort of feed back what I should know before spending my money?

I only know that I need AMPED PTT, as I'm running puxing I took this Nexus u 94 ptt that is pre amped with Kenwood plug.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nexus-U94-PTT-Amplified-version-for-REAL-STEAL-headset/112415383317?hash=item1a2c7a9f15:g:rDkAAOSw~xFZkvq m

Any advice is very helpful thanks all!
    Last edited by Duzda; 13 June, 2018, 10:14.

Re: Real steal headset

Hey!

You can certainly get a set of comtac III, you can order a set from USA, which is what most people do yes it's more expensive as you have to pay tax and customs) or - as i did - you can post in the "wanted" section and hope for the best (i got a reply from a forum member that sold me his comtac III dualcom for a great price - lucky i guess!)

Back on topic i used to run sordins cc supreme pro IV but had issues - there was a weird humming sound in the background on max volume which wasn't game breaking but rather annoying to me, and the ARC mounts for them did not feel as "firm" as the peltor one, did not seal them around my ears properly even with the gel cups (that probably is just the weird shape head of mine) if you plan to just use the headband you can disregard that. The clarity was great (apart from the above) and they were very comfy with gel cups (with headband setup), however after having them replaced and the same issue persisted i returned them and got the peltors - which i personally find MILES better, the sound is superb, the boost mode is amazing, the fact you can take off the mic and down lead when not used is also a bonus for me.

For airsot use however it's pretty much down to Your budget, both will do the job great, just one does it a little better imo - sordins are fantastic (if you don't get a dud pair like me) and a lot cheaper than peltors, however if you have the money to spend I personally think peltors outshine them in pretty much every aspect. Take it with a grain of salt however as i obviously did not have a great experience with sordins, I'm sure there will be people here with fantastic pairs !

As for the PTT i run baofeng radio with the same style amplified PTT you posted and have no issues.

Hope it helps!
    sigpic

"War requires a sledgehammer but will be decided with a scalpel"

Comment

Re: Real steal headset

Thanks for such long and useful explanation, Peltors dual comms are arriving... 😂

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Duzda Find out more about Duzda
      Working...
      X