hpa rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hpa rules

I see the HO has issued new rules for airsoft. Can anyone make hea d no tale of them concerning hpa

Re: hpa rules

As yet, no. There is no clarification on what the testing regime is to be so nobody yet knows what will be able to adjust or alter while testing any seized weapons.

However, given that the police do not really have the resources, or the interest, to start raiding airsoft sites or the homes of those on the UKARA register (not that they could actually access it at the moment!), it is likely that we will be able to carry on as before provided that we are not doing anything stupid with our toys.

Comment

As Colinjallen mentioned above, the HO did not clarify the point's that UKAPU, UKARA and other's were questioning so as yet we still don't really know where HPA and GBB sit in regards to testing and modification under the PCA 2017. UKAPU and UKARA did a nice little FAQ so to speak right here to try and help clear things up somewhat and let people know where we stand in the law now. Hope that helps.

Comment

a statement did appear on FB yesterday on the VFC416/417 owners group stating the HO released a statement yesterday and there was a link. I cant seem to get the link onto here. I am busting to get a full wolverine inferno gen 2 set up but don't want it worthless later in the year when I've just dropped 600 quid

Comment

Don't expect to get any clarification until after the General Election.

Comment

What's the clarification needed ?, obviously they've set the 1.3 joule limit for "guns" to qualify for Airsoft usage/exemption, obviously the issues regarding the odd dubious owners altering output etc has always existed, policing that will always be a problem, both at site & national level.
            Apologies if I've made a faux pas in the above, total noob when it comes to HPA, if I'm honest I don't see the advantage or attraction over regular aegs, feel free to edjimacate me
            Mark

Comment

We need clarification on how they're going to test GBBRs/HPA guns, and what means the HO would consider as acceptable with regards to limiting muzzle energy in order to stick to the mandatory limits. What about AEG's with quick change springs or cylinder sets as well? That's something else that needs to be ironed out.

Take HPA guns like a P* for example. At the moment, it's dead easy to make one fire above 1.3J full auto. Would the HO accept locked regulators, or do they want PRV's that vent at, say, 100 psi, built into the P* engine itself? On the GBB side of things, take a GHK G5 for example. It's easy to get one of those above 1.3J on full auto on a warm day. Would the HO be happy with, say, flow restrictors in the nozzle assembly, or would they want something like burst discs fitted to the mag so they'd vent the content of the mags at say, 120 PSI?

It gets remarkably complicated, remarkably quickly.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Viggsy Find out more about Viggsy
              Working...
              X