Cheat cams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheat cams

I have noticed a huge amount of people not taking hits at GZ woodlands lately. Both teams are culprits so i am not accusing one side over the other. I have emptied half a pistol mag at one guy from 6M away last game and he just jumped back behind a bush. The blatant cheating just makes the day frustrating and no fun, reporting players to marshalls gets old and really doesn't help IMO.

Here is my idea for helping reduce cheating. I think a number of players should act as in game cheat marshals. They could have contour cams on their guns, bought by Z1 maybe. This could be added to Rich's pre game brief and he could say that there are a number of these cheatcam players out on the field.

What does everyone think? It might make people a bit more honest and it wouldnt cost much to set up.

Re: Cheat cams

To what end? It won't fix anything on the day, and just be a straight to keyboard warrior experience.

If Marshall's aren't doing anything about cheating, speak to Rich

Comment

encouraging cameras onto players to 'expose' cheaters never ends well, especially on social media. Whilst it may make some people think twice about not calling their hits, there are other people who won't care and will continue to play in a manner which, to others, is detrimental to the game.

Video can also be edited to remove or alter certain bits which can put players into a bad light (and others into a good one). Just look at Matt The Musketeer, he's had numerous videos where he has overkilled players but the way he edits the footage makes it look severe, and likewise theres been plenty of videos detailing him not taking the hits. What did he do? Got them removed for copyright infringement on youtube and his 'team' then slandered the guy all over Facebook. Due to his large following, they were quick to defend him in light of strong evidence.

Has it changed his play style? Not at all.

If it won't change or stop even well known players, its unlikely to do much for others. There are numerous 'cheater' videos on youtube and social media. Granted whilst some are clear as day evidence, there are others which are questionable. Especially at long range it can be hard to see if you've hit somebody. Thrown in a low resolution video, camera shake, trees, leaves, wind etc and it can become very difficult to say with certainty that the round hit.

At the end of the day the players should abide by the rules, but in a game of 'honesty' there will always be people who push the boundaries or break the rules. It sucks, but its a fact of life. If you find somebody doing it, aim for a squishy, un protected part of the body. Whilst i wouldn't advocate intentional headsets (unless its the only part of the body), shots to the inner thighs, gentleman sausage, the bit of belly between trouser and bottom of plate carriers etc are sensitive. Repeated (within reason) shots there will make people take their hits. If they aren't, speak to the marshall or the site owners. The marshals are there for a reason. If nothing is done, go to a different site. If its a wide spread problem which isn't being solved, taking your money elsewhere will have an impact.
      sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

Simple, if they don't put their hand up they obviously didn't feel it, shot them some more till they do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I like to think I'm a tolerant fair play sort of player but to be honest mate when you come across these sort of players you could run up and slap these nodickfuckwit nonhittaking cockwombles with a big Mickey Mouse glove soaked in dayglow paint and they still won't take it ! I've totally given up trying to report them/point out there 'mistake' , these days when I am 100% sure ive hit them (and we've all thought we have when we haven't hit the other team?) and I know they've deliberately not taken the hit I just hose the f**k out of them now . If it's over kill ? Tuff should learn to take your hits then ?
          From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

I might adopt the 'if they didn't feel it then hose them down" approach.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt318 View Post
              I might adopt the 'if they didn't feel it then hose them down" approach.
              I think the 'hose them down' mentality will only make matters worse; especially if you do just because someone didn't feel it. Lots of folk wear so much gear it's easy not to feel hits sometimes. Now; if they deliberately don't take a hit; then that's a different matter all together!
              "Praise the LORD, who is my rock. He trains my hands for war and gives my fingers skill for battle." Psalm 144:1

Comment

Originally posted by jason_coe View Post
                Simple, if they don't put their hand up they obviously didn't feel it, shot them some more till they do!
                Yep, repeatedly in the lip should do it .
                Any site brief will tell you to report it to a marshal, at your earliest convenience ideally, but don't walk off the field of play mid firefight, that amounts to a tantrum lol.
                When I've marshalled/player marshalled before & someone complains about a player on the team I'm shadowing/playing for, I'll sneakily shoot the accused in the arse, without him seeing me, & await his response.
                If he puts his hand up I'll let him know it was me & that a complaint had been made, but to carry on playing as I'm happy he's taking hits.
                BUT if he clearly reacts, usually rubbing the hit point while looking around, but then carries on playing, I'll have a word, usually "p#ss off to the safezone for 20 mins & think about your playing style, & if we have this conversation again your off site for good".
                It is slightly aggressive but this can be an aggressive game at times, better people focus that aggression in quality fair play than anger at cheating, which sometimes boils over in to confrontation & occasional violence, which is unacceptable.
                As a player, if I attended a site on more than one occasion, & each time cheating was rife, made worse by p#ss poor marshalling, I'd vote with my feet, finish the day to hopefully get my money's worth & never go back, couple this with a poor gameday review on your forum of choice, let others know the issues you've experienced.
                When numbers start dropping maybe then sites will begin to up their game.

Comment

That is half the problem, seen sum wear t-shirt, shirt with carrier over. A lad at my local won't come out of his car with less that jeans and camo trousers over .. ( think he hates stinging nettles ).
                  I think also they should change the plate design so you can feel the bbs.
                  Thou our boys in forces have the plates to protect them, they still feel the ducking bullet when it hits at 2500 feet per second

Comment

Originally posted by keithhibbert View Post
                    I think the 'hose them down' mentality will only make matters worse; especially if you do just because someone didn't feel it. Lots of folk wear so much gear it's easy not to feel hits sometimes. Now; if they deliberately don't take a hit; then that's a different matter all together!
                    Hence " DELIBERATELY NOT TAKING THE HIT " is followed by getting the s**t hosed out of them .
                    My regular site the head marshal in his brief says "you may not feel it but you certainly will hear it" and have to agree rather distinct sound when your gear/clothing is struck by a BB ?
                    From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

My local sites allow marshalls to do honesty shots. If you report some one for non hit taking he Marshall radios throu to all and a Marshall will move to near by observe and if nessary shot their crazy arse full of bb lead !

Comment

I think there are two problems:

1. People just being cockwombles and not taking their hits, usually because either they have too much ego invested in the game or they are super-operators who just do not get hit by mere mortals.

2. People wearing so much crap that they just do not feel the hits.

In the former case, a little bit of full auto can be applied; in the latter, a shot or two to the more painful parts of the anatomy is probably appropriate.

Comment

you have to take into account of people genuinley not feeling it, iv had it a few times where i didnt feel it but heard it hit me and only because i knew i was being shot at, And yea alot of people now are wearing so much stuff it doesnt take much to hit part of a chest rig or something else like a part of trousers thats sagging/baggy and not tight against skin,, Also this one time i got shot by a kid who was lying in the grass being all stealthy , {a feild to the side of woodland and i was 50/50 in the feild and woodland } single shot , didnt feel like a hit but felt something and didnt hear it either and nothing going around me but fights breaking out infront , i carried on sitting there whilst listening carefully thinking if that was a hit its going to happen again now but no, he started shooting someone else {wierd why he didnt return fire to me again but he didnt} , walked up/flanked him, surrendered him and then asked if he had shot me like 3minutes ago over there , and it turns out it was him and it was a hit , so i said stay where you are and called myself out,, true storey... all anybody really needs to know is when you shoot your gun you watch the bb's fly and hit what ever it is they hit, you dont just shoot and look some where else , we can see if they hit you , do you want to be known as a cheat? I dont ......

Comment

Originally posted by druid799 View Post
                            Hence " DELIBERATELY NOT TAKING THE HIT " is followed by getting the s**t hosed out of them .
                            My regular site the head marshal in his brief says "you may not feel it but you certainly will hear it" and have to agree rather distinct sound when your gear/clothing is struck by a BB ?
                            Agree 100%, the sound of bb's striking kit, & especially clothing is very distinct, & it's not like our "gun" are so loud it drowns out everything else.
                            Some will say "it's the adrenaline, I'm so hyped I didn't hear it", I say bullshit, the adrenaline should heighten ALL senses, including hearing.
                            Unfortunately, unless we add another technology to the gameplay (such as paint lol), then we're always going to get cheats, & the only answer to it is in the rule book , titled Airsoft 101, in the chapter titled "Light them F@ckers up" .

As for cameras, I've tried to watch gameplay posted on YouTube etc, 99% of it was just boring as f@ck, seriously, jittering around with very little decent footage showing definitive kills, the only exception being some of the decent quality snipercam footage.

Comment

The thing that really nerds me is when I get hit (not a problem), I shout it out loud (hit), start walking to respawn and then get hit more while walking.
                              Now I understand there could be the odd deaf git or the fact I got caught in crossfire, but they then continue shooting, this is when they then they hear me as I shout with profanity in that direction.
                              Regarding this post, just light them up with as many mags as it takes. Cameras on rifs, will as said before fire the coward keyboard warrior.
                              Thankfully at MAW I haven't seen any non hit takers in quite sometime which is why I stopped using the f&o sites.
                              sigpic" Only the living cry for war's end, the dead are quite relaxed about it "

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Matt318 Airsoft warrior Find out more about Matt318
                              Working...
                              X