Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

How much will having your spring half wound lower fps.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much will having your spring half wound lower fps.

So in accordance to these new laws my site changed its limit. (The legal limit being 1.3 joules for full auto) It is 350 with 0.2s well with 0.25 which i use my gun would hit 1.3 something joules. My question is how much will keeping my spring compressed for a day or two reduce the fps? Has anyone tried this??

Re: How much will having your spring half wound lower fps.

Next to bugger all if the spring is already settled in. Try taking the bearing off the spring guide, or the bearing out of the piston and replace with a slightly shorter spacer.

Comment

Already done lol. I guess next step is to cut off a coil from the spring. How much do you think that would lower it?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Comment

Or I could use a ported cylinder as I have some for 375mm barrels and mine is like 400 and something long. Idk how much that would lower it though

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Comment

Lowering the air volume slightly will make it slightly less efficient with the heavier ammo. Have you actually checked the fps/energy with the 0.25g BBs?

Comment

Yeah. 1.34 joules with 25s. My site limit is 1.14 joules.
            Last edited by PelletWarrior; 2 May, 2017, 17:52.

Comment

Congratulations! As of today, you would appear to own a Section 5 firearm .

Comment

What spring is in there at the moment? If you're at 1.14J (350fps) with 0.2g then unless you're running a strong spring with a short barrel and a bit too much volume then you should be at 310fps with 0.25g.

Comment

Ive done it, achieved 300 fps with a 0.25. I tried something I have never done before. Heated the spring with a blowtorch and squashed it whilst it cooled so that it stayed that position. And with the hop off it achieves bellow the legal limit so its good news all round. I cant get arrested and I can take it on a skirmish. Thanks for the help, I would have wasted 2 days of having the gun half coiled if I hadnt received the advice.

Comment

half cocking the spring would have done bugger all anyway, that's not how metals work!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

PelletWarrior Find out more about PelletWarrior
                    Working...
                    X