Browning Hi Power conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Browning Hi Power conversion

I recently re-acquired my old Browning Hi Power by WE, which features the tangent rear sight. So, I decided to convert it to a fixed rear sight instead.

The original sight (only image I have, far from the best quality unfortunately)

The rear sight removed, and the beginning of rebuilding the rear slide. When the rear sight is removed, there is a slot through the slide that gives clearance for the top part of the loading nozzle on the inside. I got around this using a thin sliver of plasticard and then moulding the JB Weld over the top

Once the JB Weld had set and cured, I sanded it down to match the profile of the slide, and then repainted the area.
    The finished item:

Re: Browning Hi Power conversion

And funnily enuff matey , here's mine , same process as you , only difference I cut down and used the leaf sight to fill the void under the milputty .
    From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

Looks really good, are those the original WE grips that have been refinished or real wood? Mine look so orange in comparison.

Comment

Original tango ones , all I did was a good spray of black paint then almost immediately wipe it off with some kitchen paper, just make sure you wipe either straight up or straight down for the wood grain'ish finish , simples !
        From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

looks a lot better
          Phil

Paypal Registerd

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TheTrooper0 Find out more about TheTrooper0
          Working...
          X