Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

GHK G5 carbine, what are your thoughts and first hand experiences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GHK G5 carbine, what are your thoughts and first hand experiences?

HI all
    As the title says really, what are your thoughts and first hand experiences with the GHK G5 Carbine GBBR?

Some of you might know, I was saving up for a WE scar H GBBR but because of the new power limit laws of no full auto capable gun can not be capable of exceeding 1.3j or roughly 370fps with a 0.20g BB this throws a huge spanner in the works for most airsoft GBBR's on the market. Don't want to go in too much detail on these power limits because although the power limit laws have been set the guidelines etc have not..

Anyways one rifle that clearly seems to shot way under these limits right out the box is the GHK G5 carbine GBBR, although it's not something that caught my eye or thoughts at first being all polymer nylon plastic and very lightweight, I've been watching some videos and apart from being plastic and lightweight it don't look too bad, has spares and changeable parts with seem easy to get hold of, and good enough average fps of 290-330 which will have not issues with the power limit laws. So yeah although not totally my cup of tea, it might seen like a good option..

But I can't help and think lol,, £265 for that or £275 for a WE scar L or £340 ish for a WE scar H GBBR, to me the scars are so much nicer looking and no doubt feeling, but it's this whole power limit thing, I don't want to buy one then have to give it up..

What's your thoughts? As always I'm grateful to hear them and get your opinions..

ATB, Marc.
    Some Guns In My Collection:
    Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Gold Match - Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - WE Mak - Colt SAA .45 - & More
    My Youtube Review/Shooting Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmI...TEBvLnSJ7XCh1g

Re: GHK G5 carbine, what are your thoughts and first hand experiences?

It's hands down the best GBBR I've ever owned. Easy to work on, reliable, accurate, decent range, externals easy to customise. Only real issues are the full auto timing lever snaps every once in a while and the receivers in some models are a little brittle. Don't shoot with the stock folded and apply epoxy between the rear fins if necessary but otherwise you're good.

There's a very active owners group on FB as well

Comment

Hello mate thank you for your helpful reply.. Since I posted this message I have watched many videos on it, and truly it's hard to find many bad opinions on it, so it's definitely on my wanted list, the more I see the more I like it.. as long as I can get my head round the ultra light weight I'll get one if I don't get the scar h, which I don't think I will because of the power issue and lack of guide lines..

So I'll just save the cash so see how things unfold by then, I like the tan version too, like I say though I just need to get my head round the very light weight, I've got pistols nearly as heavy and because I also shoot real steel firearms realism is quite a thing for me..

Thanks again.
      ATB, Marc..
      Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Gold Match - Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - WE Mak - Colt SAA .45 - & More
      My Youtube Review/Shooting Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmI...TEBvLnSJ7XCh1g

Comment

+1 on the G5.

I used to own one until I swapped it or my friends WE SCAR L (which I sold on almost immediately), it's very light and handy. Upgrading to the carbine kit from standard is the best decision my friend made, going back to the standard config just felt wrong.
        Things I suggest which could improve it is an upgraded hop/bucking and replacement grip. The stock grip is pretty much a rectangular block and I found holding a cactus to be more comfortable.

I know you were thinking about the SCAR H, but in comparison to the L which I swapped it for, the G5 shooting experience is superior. Shot to shot its more positive, with a definitive jolt and breaks cleaner. The SCAR felt a little sloppy.
        http://www.youtube.com/badabingpictures

https://www.facebook.com/BadaBingPictures

Comment

Hello bada bing, thanks for your helpful reply too..
          Lol you guys sure know how to help with my decision,
          Yeah the grip would be the first thing I would change, I quite like the though of the tan ghk with black side rails and a black Element GFG Mod O grip, and a mock suppressor and a 552 clone sight..

I bet get saving a lol..

Cool looking YouTube channel you have to I'll check your videos out tonight..

ATB, Marc..

Comment

For the weight once you throw an optic, tracer, torch, grip, and mag on as well you definitely appreciate the lightweight base!

Comment

+1 as well for the G5,

I've had mine now a while and the first mod was the carbine kit. Then it's the FG semi auto only sear and FG metal hop wheel. that's probably all I will do to it bar strips & cleans.

Great gun out of the box and with careful looking after feels like it will last a while. I run on red mostly but I might go back to green once the weather warms up again. Never had it shoot above any site's limit which is nice.

Carbine kit did bump FPS up and made a decent change to the range on 0.3g.

Steve

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Bada Bing View Post
              +1 on the G5.
              The stock grip is pretty much a rectangular block and I found holding a cactus to be more comfortable.

I echo those sentiments as well. I have an Element Mod0 grip and it feels much better in the hand.

Steve
              Move Fast - Kill All

And yes that Barrett is real and heavy ...

Comment

The G5 is probably the best GBBR I've ever owned, change the pistol grip for something more conventional (which is an easy job) and you'll never want another
                "Someone please get this muppet some skills!"

Comment

had my g5 for quite a while now, had other gbbrs come and go, but id never part with my g5, its everything i like in a CQB gun, not to mention the gas efficiency, even in below zero. ive had no leaks at all with any mags, 1 came with a minor leak but tightening the screw on the base sorted that out.
                  The performance is great stock, im sure youd better it with improved hop but mines jut fine on .3g

ive not been able to use it since last summer and all mags are as gas tight as i last used them. it beat the tm mp7 in my books, if your after a compact GBBR the g5 wont disappoint, for me at least i couldnt recommend another gbbr over it (tho im sure someone somewhere could )

Comment

Most reliable GBBR i had ever owned. At one point I was liking them so much that I had 9 of them at once in various configurations :p
                    Main Armoury: CYMA Zhukov AK | G&P M7A1 | PTS Masada AKM

Comment

HI all
                      Thanks again for all your comments and help.. I think you all have helped me decide and the ghk g5 is top of my list then, I also posted this topic on arnies and basically it's the same all round 90% of people have the same thoughts that's it would be a good gbbr to get one one of the best out there for the money etc..

As its popular on the forums I'm a tad surprised there's not more stuff kicking about of YouTube or should I say more of a high view count on YouTube..
                      Anyways I'll get saving it will take me about 4 months, unless I sell a gun but don't really want to do that, but I'll try going to hold and even test fire one in a month or so.
                      ATB, Marc..

Comment

Hi All.. i hope you have been keeping well..

i thought i would give this thread a little update as you all have been very helpful.. Well there has been a very slight change in plans, i have just ordered a WE scar L, there was one on this forum quite cheap second hand so i thought why not go for it, it will hopefully be with me at some point next week..

I am still definitely going to get the GHK G5 but ill get that at christmas so the WE Scar L will see my through until then im sure and it will be a good project gun too i think, i just wanted an assault rifle right now to mess about with..

Still cant wait to get the GHK G5, roll on christmas a.

Happy Shooting All.

ATB, Marc..

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Marc.RG1 Find out more about Marc.RG1
                        Working...
                        X