Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearbox Not Fully Cycling

Hey all,

I've recently picked up an old ARES L85 in need of some TLC as a summer project for tinkering time after work etc, but there's one issue I really can't seem to work out. After I fire a single (or the last) shot, the gearbox makes a pretty nasty noise and the gears look like they're turning back a quarter turn of the bevel gear. I think it's that the gears aren't turning far enough and so the anti-reversal isn't kicking in. The second trigger pull often doesn't fire an actual shot either...

Does anyone know what could be causing it?

Can't really add any pictures as the only proof I have is seeing a small scratch on the gear axle turning back after the shot.

Re: Gearbox Not Fully Cycling

If you have checked the condition and function of all parts inside the box and all is good it could simply be you have either;
    A battery that is too large / too high discharge rate causing over spin.
    And / or a high speed gear set causing over spin.
    In combination with an anti reversal gear with only 4 teeth?

- - - Updated - - -

Seeing as you bought it as a project there are endless variables internally if it has been modified

Comment

Yeah, everything seems to be okay inside the gearbox. I don't think it's overspin, more underspin... Any idea what could be causing that?

Comment

Have you checked all the teeth on all the gear's, might have a lost (or warn) tooth?

m

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Swalka Find out more about Swalka
        Working...
        X