Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best High Torque Motor?

Hi guys,

Have left airsoft for the past while and I'm now looking for the best high torque motor available?

It was the SHS high torque or a Lonex A1 back when I was heavily involved, is it still the same or is there a better option?

Also if you're selling one of these can you let me know.
    Thanks.

Re: Best High Torque Motor?

Lonex have gone backwards a bit, shs is still up there although isn't the best perse it is great value for money
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

I recently bought a G&G Ifrit and am very impressed with it, having long been an SHS fan.

Comment

It really depends what you want to do with it. My current favourite build is an ASG CNC 30k pushing 13:1 gears on 7.4v. 20rps, instant trigger response and barely gets warm.
        SHS have been a bit variable from batch to batch, but the last one I bought is fine. 25-26 rps on 13:1 and 7.4v. I believe they're now 16TPA
        If you want proper high torque then the ZCI 22TPA motors can be had for less than £30 and do an excellent job.

Comment

Thanks for the advice lads, if any of you are selling a hi torque motor can you please pm me.

Comment

Just a bit more advice from experience. I've got a Lonex A1 in a V2 build with 18:1 gears running 7.4v. 20 rps with good trigger response, but it gets a bit warm and hammers the brushes.

Comment

SHS HT, ASG 30k, Systema Magnum, ZCI HS (16) are roughly the same spec, all be it varying degrees of quality, they put put roughly similar figures.

The Lonex A1 and A2 are faster motors than the above, they pull more amps for that RPM, (A1>A2), though offer a little less torque, in part because the magnets are not quite a strong as other options. They tend to make good power thanks to the higher rpm, just be sure to match the correct gear set to avoid over loading/best efficiency.

The ZCI HT (22) with most common ground upgraded confgurations (13:1+M100+FET) are a little slower, but typically offer far superior run time and subsequently run cooler.

At the moment, and IMO, the best quality option if money is not in question is Tienly, Marui SmCo, or ASG. As for which type of each, its purely going to be which ever one is best matched with the rest of your internal configuration.

There isn't any performance motor that is significantly better than one other within given comparable specs, at least not yet. The extra money spent, is mostly incremental gains and or better quality construction and better balancing. It's down to you wether you think its worth the additional cost. Either way, in my opinion, paying over £80 for any given configuration, even if its plated in gold and signed by the latest football star and his friends parents kids etc, it's just not going to yeild that much better performance or lifespan than a lower cost option.

From experience, best bang for buck goes to SHS or ZCI. There are also many rebrands of these, so as long as you are sure of the OEM, and that you haven't got a lemon and the price is right then you won't go far wrong.

For what it's worth, the SHS motors are based on the first generation SystemA motors, meaning that they utilize an internal retention ring to hold the end bell in place, this makes disassembly and maintenance of the motor very simple, so you can swap out parts - even the armature very easily.
              dsgdreamteam

Comment

I have an ASG CNC u18000 super high torque in my rifle, trigger response is my main concern don't really want stupidly high rates of fire, and it performs great though I have very little to compare it against.
                you can get them for around £50-£60

Comment

ASG 30K is the go to at the mo.
                  Lonex was, but the QC has gone to hell, SHS still take bang for buck.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
                  -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                  -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ArcticVector Find out more about ArcticVector
                  Working...
                  X