ASG Scorpion Evo 3 vs ARES Amoeba AM013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASG Scorpion Evo 3 vs ARES Amoeba AM013

Looking to get a new CQB weapon to replace my G&G GR16 and I'm stuck between these two.

I've only heard good things about the evo 3, internally and externally speaking and I absolute love how it runs.

Recently I've just seen the AM013 again and I think I might prefer that to the evo as I run m4 style mags already, removing the need for the expensive evo mid caps. That being said, I don't know how the ARES perform internally, and I've seen some people running 11.1's stock but I've also heard that it wears the internals down a lot faster.

Overall I'm looking for something that's not going to need much done to the internals and I've heard that the scorpion doesn't really need anything done to it, so just wanted to see if anyones had experience using one or both of these and which is the best bet to go for?

Re: ASG Scorpion Evo 3 vs ARES Amoeba AM013

The amoeba line is actually pretty good, you will do well with either.

Comment

I've ran the am-013 and I loved it. However, I can't deny that from what I've heard, the evo is undoubtedly better.
      The price reflects this too, and rightfully so.

For the price, you can't go wrong with the amoeba. Polymer but one of the best made out there so durable and sturdy. This means it's light weight and great for cqb. Externally my only problem is the small stock compartment limits you to mini PEQ type batts - but you can get a stock extension from air tech studios for more compartment.

Internally, as long as it's got the new version (3 I think) efcs then you're all good for an 11,1.
      All new models have it, if you're buying a pre owned one, you can look up the mag well and if you see blue then it's he ver3 one.
      I think the efcs in the amoeba is pretty damn good, gives great trigger response and around 16/17 rps. I personally installed a SHS HT motor for even better performance. The short trigger pull is really nice too!
      I have heard that changing the tapet plate maybe a good idea and it's internals ain't the best but for the price it'll do. You wouldn't really need to change it until it breaks.
      It's got a stock tight bore barrel so you actually get pretty good groupings out the box, range is decent. You can also get a barrel stabaliser from air tech studios.
      Really cheap and easy effective upgrades from them.

With all that said I would still choose the evo over the amoeba as it's reputation is well earnt. I reckon it shoots perhaps faster and definitely has more range. It will also require less part changing/upgrade so it'll suit your requirement more.

But if prefer the m4 style and have mags, then the money you save from choosing the am-013 over the evo can always be used for upgrades.
      Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ahh cheers guys that's super useful. I think I'm gunna spend the extra on the evo just to save myself the hassle of adding any after market upgrades, although I do like the m4 style I have had an m4 since I started playing air soft so I feel like it might be time for a change! Gunna keep my eyes open for an amoeba on the forum to replace my current m4 though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Adding one to the mixer, Krytac CRB? I've heard only good things about Kyrtac just only looked into them recently.

Comment

Scorpion EVO mate all day long. Get the latest version with the bearing spring guide and an M105 spring and you are good to go. Fantastic for CQB and an amazing trigger response. Not G5 speed but pretty b***** good!
            Move Fast - Kill All

And yes that Barrett is real and heavy ...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

C-Dawg Find out more about C-Dawg
            Working...
            X