Tac'd systema ptw vs upgraded recoil shock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tac'd systema ptw vs upgraded recoil shock

So in the market for my final gun that will be my main ride for a looong time and these are my 2 options

I want

Trigger response

Accuracy

Reliabilty

Bolt stop

So yeah which would you get

Re: Tac'd systema ptw vs upgraded recoil shock

Owned both, still have my recoil. If you can, blag one with a BTC Spectra in it or get one fitted if and when they get re released.
    I know own 3 x M4 based recoils, two with spectra fitted. PTW Was ok, however spent more time in repairs than actually using it.

Recoils out of the box are pretty damn good tbh.

Comment

An argument done to death. Like above I have owned both. I now only use my PTW. Each to their own

- - - Updated - - -

An argument done to death. Like above I have owned both. I now only use my PTW. Each to their own
      “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

It's a very hard one as I have owned both, for reliability and being able to customise/mod your own gun the recoil (I can do basic to the PTW) but in the long run I sold the recoil for a systema PTW I found the reliability great (one service in two years for one the other I owned for three years nothing done to it) the recoil had basic maintanence as expected with a AEG I would always say a PTW in the long run if you accept it wil cost money to maintain as you cannot do yourself

I skirmish three times a month so it's great if I went once a month then I would get a recoil

Hope that helps!

Comment

I have owned both but sold my TM recoil and bought another PTW, some people will argue regarding the TAC mods but in my opinion well worth it, 3 years with 2 visits a month to site each month and not one problem. Easy to clean and breakdown like the real deal. Just costly for initial layout and mods.
          Trader Feedback

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=39650

Comment

Ok I just use want the best system out there so - tackleberry systema ptw it is haha! Gonna do a mk 18 mod 0 :$

Comment

No real need to go to Tac any more. 5-6 years ago he could offer you more than an out of the box PTW but not anymore. They come with a lipo mod from the factory now and the motors have been fine for years.

Comment

A tackleberry ptw or a American ptw ?

Comment

This will probably be a silly question..

Where can you buy systema PTW's??

Comment

Go to Tackleberry's Systema PTW User Group on FB and see Anthony Gnapp, he will help you with all your needs
                    sigpic" Only the living cry for war's end, the dead are quite relaxed about it "

Comment

Originally posted by Meual View Post
                      A tackleberry ptw or a American ptw ?
                      Let meh know!

Comment

What shoots farther in your experience? On a Reddit post some guy just absolutely tore apart ptws ,but based on his responses he is a total recoil shock fanboy so wouldn't be surprised if any of it wasn't true.

What do you think can shoot farther a tac modded ptw or a r hop recoil ?

Comment

R hop recoil. Would go to sam liggat for that, (if he didnt have a queue the size of the M25)

But much of a muchness, you can just keep working on them until you are happy. Either will do. Recoil will be cheaper. Tried to like ptws but just never got on with em.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
                          -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                          -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

At the end of the day, a BB of a certain weight, with a certain power behind it will always have a maximum it will be able to travel. The distance will vary due to the quality of the parts being used to fire said projectile. Both the TM and the PTW use very high quality parts....so we could argue all day. But truth be told, you ARE NOT going to see more than a metre or two difference between either rifle, and accuracy will not be more than a couple of inches apart between either rifle at the similar ranges. The choice is purely down to your own preference based on your financial position.

If you want something that feels a bit more toy like but much cheaper to maintain then go for a recoil.

If you want something that feels more real to hold but far more expensive to fix when it goes wrong. Then it's a PTW.

and before anybody piped up about the real comment being wrong due to the recoil of one of the rifles, the recoil is absolutely nothing to write home about. Anybody saying their rifle 'kicks like a mule' is simply lying.

I have owned both rifles, and they are both fantastic. i have stuck with my PTW purely because I like to be able to use real grips and rails etc. Nothing to do with performance. Out the box the trigger response of the PTW is miles apart from the recoil. But a spectre of you can find one will negate that.
                            “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

I completely agree with Danny, The actual build/ feel of a PTW is a lot more solid than a recoil. As he quite rightly pointed out, at the end of the day, they are both toy guns flinging little white balls down range, upgrades, barrels dependent on how much money you want to throw at it. Im not a recoil "fanboy", i own a couple because of commonality of mags / parts. I have also owned three PTW's, one of which I had custom built by the now defunct Project PTW which cost me a kidney and a hand bag for the long haired sarnt major when she found out the cost of it.

At the end of the day, its you whos going to be using it, go out to any or most sites and you will come across someone who is running either, ask them for a blast, and decide yourself which one you like the feel/ use of and then run with that.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Meual Find out more about Meual
                              Working...
                              X