which vest to choose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which vest to choose?

I'm looking for some advice/recommendation on what vest to buy.

I already have molle pouches:

Holster, 4 pistol pouches, grenade pouch, comms pouch and a general pouch so it needs to fit all of these on it

Has to be multicam

Looking for something of decent quality, lightweight

if anyone could recommend one it would really help

Re: which vest to choose?

Warrior assault system, reliable, well built not expensive
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

I second that, warrior kit is the best for quality balanced with price, but stay away from plate carriers, way too hot or this time of year.
      Alternatively, look at a bulle mle in multicam, super light, cheap as chips but good quality, & very comfortable in warm weather.

Comment

Viper also produce a very low profile rig, which has a day bag that can be clipped on the back that also doubles as a camel back
        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Flyye make some very nice vests and tend to make clones of the popular real world stuff I have one of their LBT 6094A replicas and its served me very well for the last 3 years.

Warrior also make top notch kit for a reasonable price and they also tend to have a lot of sales on with discount codes so you can always grab a little more money off if you time it well.

Viper have (apparently) stepped up their game and improved the quality of their stuff but I haven't used any of their gear for the last 5 years or so so cant comment on recent stuff.

Of course you could always go for the seriously gucci stuff and go Crye Precision. They will certainly be lightweight and you won't be a the quality.

On a side note, I would also advise against carrying a pistol on your vest. Maybe its just personal preference but when I did it i couldn't stand it. Either hanging off at the wrong angle, too heavy or somthing else. If your happy with it then its your choice but personally its a mid ride thigh rig or a belt mounted for me
          sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

thanks for all the advice guys. the warrior ones look decent.

Caldymoose - I currently use a cheap drop leg holster and it annoys me so much, it sticks out, I'm undecided on either a vest mounted or get a safari land holster, proper clip in one rather than this cheap crap i got. I want the pistol to be as tight to my leg as possible, like I said the cheap one I've got feels like it hangs off me rather than being secure to my leg if you get me, really annoying!

Comment

Yep, that's a big problem with the cheap drop legs. In my experience a UBL modded safariland is one of the best drop leg options that won't wiggle and hang around. And you can get it done with just repro gear if you don't want to splash out on real kit. YouTube will be able to help with a video explaining what I mean.

Comment

cant seem to find what you mean? could you link me to youtube please?

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74e56qY3dAw

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ibeck Find out more about ibeck
                  Working...
                  X