X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pictures Of Your Gear

Originally posted by ghostwalker View Post
    Only found 1 pic from yesterday's skirmishing. Looked at it a just sighed.
    Do you guys ever just look at the pics and think...I need a new and better look.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]177754[/ATTACH]

Not sure what way to try and take things now.
    That looks like a pretty good load out and fitting for the site youre pictured in there. Doesnt look like you need anything kit wise!
    Good to see you went from a full black gun to one with OD furniture, black guns look great but are pure fail for concealment.

Personally i like it if i dont get caught on camera, i take it as i was doing a good job of stealthing it!

Whats your play, how you wanna improve on what you got?

Heroshark EPIC lol!

Comment

The change up in gun co,our was from switching out from my old g&g predator to a nice new krytac lvoa-s. The dent in my bank account is chilling though lol..

A few things I'm not 100% sure on is the 'mixed camo' between dpm ubacs and flecktarn helmet cover, but I also think it kinda works.
      A lot of the meh about is just looking and feeling kinda bulky lol. But I run 8 midcaps double stacked on the front, radio and double pistol on upper chest, left hip is grenade pouch, dump pouch, medic pouch (spare battery, speed loader, spare bb's). Right hip is warrior universal holster, double mag pouch and smoke grenade pouch. On the back is a hydro pouch.

Main feeling is that it is just bulky. But all the pouches are used so stripping it down is a bit of a challenge.

Comment

Its always a challenge gear vs bulk. I like it streamlined as im sure many do, although some do like to be a walking armoury...

Do you do long games or just burst your way through a ton of BBs? I mean 8 mids has got to be at least 640 rounds :O plus spare BBs and even battery seem excessive.

I find any leg / thigh / dropleg setup very cumbersome, personally i say keep it all on the chest rig OR a battle belt with Y/X harness

Flecktarn and DPM are pretty similar, they can both look overly dark and present a silhouette when in the open but are very effective in the shadows obv.
        How green / leafy is your regular? I mean if you want to change it up Atacs FG is very effective (speaking from third person) and would work well with your current rig.

Comment

My local is fairly dense woodland, lots of stubstantial trees and heavy areas of fern growth mixed with fallen wood. We tend to go out for about 3-4 hours then sometimes a lunch break in safe zone an dbaxk out for another 3-4.
          Some days it's a mag or 2 and some days it's everything in mags and then some lol. For the record 8X120 midcaps. But usually only filled to about 100-110. I v
          I carry a spare battery as I run 9.6v 1600 Nimh batteries and it can be a long trudge back to the safe zone if one dies lol.

I had contemplated a bettlebelt and dropping 4 mags down into that and moving 4 mags over to the left side of the plate carrier. Leaving the front a lot more free. Then the pistol could also drop to the belt to allow stuff to shift about a little.
          Just for the info. The plate carrier is an older style warrior raptor, came with foam plates (removed at the mo).

Comment

Sounds pretty similar to my local, yeh sometimes of you get stuck in an assualt of pinned you rinse ammo!

I thought theyd be 120rd, but erred on low side like a PTS Pmag :P

If you can compact everything onto the rig alone youll love the manouverability and comfort.
            Could you run on the rig, and only run the rig;
            -4x mags on front panel, dbl stack if needed
            -Pistol under arm in cross draw or upper as currently
            -Radio on upper or shoulder strap
            -Pistol mags/grenades etc on sides
            -Med, dump and hydro on rear
            -Upgrade to decent size LiPo you wont need another battery
            -FDE various trim on rifle for more stealth

Trim it down and youll love it, with no leg or waist gear its so comfy kneeling or laying/crawling
            I mean 4 mags and 1 in the gun is 600rds, you should rarely get caught out no?

Comment

Running just the plate carrier, I could potentially drop the pistol into a different holster on the rigger belt as I have a hard plastic holster. That could free up some real estate.
              I tend to only run 3 pistol mags. The 4th pistol mag pouch usually has a protein bar in it for down time or emergency nibbles lol.
              I can see a rethink of the plate layout coming up for sure.

And yeah. Some times it's a nice easy firefight and you burn the odd mag. Or you have one like Sunday where 5 of us were holding a last stand bunker and pretty much fighting back to back. Think I went through 3 midcaps and a 300rd high cap holding that bunker before a grenade did us in.

Been thinking of getting a trmr. As I use a fair few flash bangs when attacking bunkers and buildings. Would mean 1 small pouch instead of needing room for 3 or 4 flashes.

Comment

TRMR def free some space, although smokes usually get more use in woodland in which case a TRMR is the perfect candidate, they seem fairly easy to set off too, which is usually an issue with soft woodland floor!

Yeh only run a rig, if you need the real estate put the pistol on your trouser belt, don't run a battle belt as well its just cumbersome and moves around unless loaded to the hilt.

May have to get myself a TRMR come to think of it :D

I don't know if concealment is your bag but if it is I def recommend some FDE trim on you gun, like rail covers, stock etc

- - - Updated - - -

Just noticed you did say rigger belt, soz :P

Comment

Having been on the receiving end of a trmr in the bunker as a prank (team mate prior to game on). I can say they definitely go bang!

Yeah I always wear a rigger belt as I keep a little multi tool on my left hip for those moments when something inevitably goes wrong. Same as having a barrel rod sticking out of the hydro pouch like an aerial.

I don't tend to use much in the way of smoke. Usually find it disperses too easily and quickly and nearly always gives the throwers position away.

I'm too Active when playing to worry massively about concealment,. I like to move when on assault and in defence usually like to be at the business end unless there's a group of mates doing a last stand bunker somewhere.

The gun is fairly balanced at the moment between green/black

IMG_0958.jpg

Comment

• One of my kit set ups

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Finishing up a technical friendly QRF inspired set up for events at the local site when we are able to bundle in and out of trucks again. Waiting on a new face mask and bits to finish off a lid for it to.
                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

shadowcaptain Something About Yourself... oh shit i dont think thats what it meant by "write something about yourself"basically i am alex rhodes, the one and only :Pi like to think of myself as just an average guy, with a good sense of humour, and some ace friendsim not big on myself so i will leave the judgements up to you...i just hope they are all goodso there you go...on the most basic of levels that is me___send us a message ____im allways about to answer them and will ALLWAYS REPLY unlike some peopleAlex Rhodes, (aka ShadowCaptain) x Find out more about shadowcaptain
                      Working...
                      X