Worst Gun Malfunction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst Gun Malfunction

Whats the worst to happen to you or someone else in a skirmish?

Thought of this today after seeing our support gunner fire, retreat 10 metres and upon trying to fire again his whole barrel just sort... well flew off the front. Me and another guy just couldnt stop laughing, and consequently got hit.

So, lets have some horror stories, eh?

Re: Worst Gun Malfunction

I think this guy was borrowing Rampage's G36c from what I've heard, but this was a while ago at a GZ plan B. And there are these pretty sketchy fences that you have to look out for because they're easy to trip over. Basically the guy was running up and obviously didn't see the wire on the old broken fence, he then tripped forward. The G36 landed on a log and then he landed ontop of that, which meant that (from what I saw) the following broke:
    The foregrip, the C rail/carry handle, I think the stock may have broken not entirely sure and I heard the battery went as well. But yeah maybe Rampage could tell us more (if I did hear right, that it was his gun). Feel sorry for the guy that fell though, it really wasn't his fault because those broken fences are effective trip wires.

edit: Although I guess this isn't a gun malfunction, more of a gun breakage hehe

Comment

my beloved M14 dies at a weekender in Sennybridge, motor had burnt out. Had it repaired and got her out again at a weekender at catterick. 1 mag in there was a sound similar to a goose in a mangle, and the sector gear was stripped due to motor not being fitted correctly.
      Nothing compaired to my mate at Catterick last weekend, tripped over a rock in the dark, fell forward onto his PTW, and snapped it in half.
      Messed his knee up too.......
      Ratty
      Trader Feedback.
      http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16017

Yorkshire Players Forum.
      http://www.zeroin.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=110

Comment

well... at the weekender my AK-47S was performing brilliantly on the short friday game.

on the saturday it was raining very slightly. myself and rockdelta were kitting up ready for the game, me in my insurgent loadout. I went inside the tent for no more than 30secs to find the RPG shell and a 7.62 belt to complete my look, came out to find the AK-47 BILLOWING smoke from every whole.

I ran out then threw it off of the (probably flammable) chair and onto the grass. ripped off the top battery cover which was extremely hot, and then burnt my fingers trying to rip the battery out. the wires were melting and flaming like a fuse towards the battery.. and I believe that fire + batteries often ends in an explosion of sorts.

I was pretty lucky not to have seriously burnt my hand. I guess what had happened is the light rain had got inside and shorted it or something through a small tear in the wires. This is why we always keep the fuse in the gun! haha

The wiring was absolutely fubar. luckily I got to it in time and Z1 only charged me £15 for new wires!
        Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

a hire gun at ****** ***** just had a new lipo in it, it was running out of power but the guy was still firing full auto with it!

The stock started to smoke, i told him to through it to the ground, and the gun caught fire! the smell of burning plastic was horrid!
          Check out my Feedback!

TM Desert Eagle Hardkick|Systema PTW TW5 (tackleberry custom)| Systema PTW M4 MAX 2 (Tackleberry custom) | Systema PTW M4 MAX (Tackleberry custom)

Comment

firing off an m249 (real steal) with blanks after being bumped, my opo has stashed the gear from our lup (laying up point) into my bergan and left it just behind me, so i grab the weapon by the carry handle grab my bergan strap with the other hand and fall back about 150m through the woods, turn to supress the enemy only to find i am the proud owner of a shiny new cary handle..... and nothing else.

and an airsoft one

seen someone shove a bb in the barrel on a modified blank fiere grab a crono and shout watch this, one breech explosion later i cried with laghter (bootnecks)
            Armoury:
            ICS M4a1 silenced custom, ICS L85A2, Warrior MB07 snipers rifle, Galaxy MP7, Double Eagle M56DL, TM Glock 17

Your God Is Dead..... I Just Killed Him

Comment

im just waiting for someones whos gears have locked so badly that the crunching of them splits an atom and makes a small nucular explosion
              Pure Plastic Pwnage

Comment

Well, I have just been informed that some Year 9 kids decided to play around with the revolver I lent a friend for a 6th form play (he's over 18 and a skirmisher with UKARA too).

Anyway, here's how it came back:

Needless to say I have arranged a meeting with said poor examples of humanity and shall be expecting them to pay.

Comment

Saw a brand new SVD just come apart at the weekend. Wasn't pretty. :D

Comment

running through a village scenarios, pulled the trigger nothing happens, had to switch to secondary fired one shot and gas went everywere, the whole mag emptied of gas in a split second :lol:

Comment

Tkos, how on earth did they manage to do that?

Comment

That, is what I'll be fnding out this Thursday. All that damage doesn't come from it just being dropped.

Comment

Keeper, get the thumb screws out.
                          My AK had its stock snapped off at a skirmish when a mate borrowed it. Wasn't impressed as he denied all knowledge of the damage. Had another of my AEG's when i saw him later.
                          Atually broke the metal plates that hold the stock into place,not the lovely wood kit that was on it, so a new body is on the way.
                          Trader Feedback.
                          http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16017

Yorkshire Players Forum.
                          http://www.zeroin.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=110

Comment

TKOS, that's painful.

Thankfully, I've never had a gun badly malfunction on me mid-skirmish. The worst I've had would probably be when I had an M-14 and was firing on single. A guy popped over a ledge and I fired one shot, next pull of the trigger all I got was a 'click'. Needless to say, he lit me up. I switched to full auto afterwards and it was all fine again.

Comment

Wow, some real horror stories here, mostly involving 'loaners', I gave up loaning most of my guns when I stopped buying cheap chinese ones. Now if someone wants to borrow a gun, they get my 'loaner' AUG and my 'loaner' hi-capa, and that's on the assumption that if it breaks in ANY way they buy it.

The worst I've ever had has been a stripped piston.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

cornishpotshot I'm crazy, even thinking about talking to me shows that you are also a lunatic! Find out more about cornishpotshot
                              Working...
                              X